Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

what might this be? looks like teapot but only hole is a spout-

the only point of entry is the spout. the bottom is solid and marked 'japan' with emblem i cannot identify. this is not a puzzle pot/cadogan because there is not funnel in the bottom. i'd love to know how old it is, what it is for, and who made it pl...

Can anyone help me identify this cauldron?

I have a very large cauldron, that looks to be made of one solid sheet of copper. It is stamped along the roll of the rim with J.F.G CHAUM, and what looks to be Lancaster, P.A. It measures 20 inches high from center of pot to top rim, 26 inches acros...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Netsuke ???

I believe the is a Netsuke. Could anyone confimr thisd and how much shoulkd I sell for? I did hot pin test and there was no melting or marks

Ivory bust

This is an old ivory bust from England. We got it at an estate and think we might have something. However we don't know enough about antique ivory. The names are blurry, so I will get them in later. If anyone can help with this (age, value, etc) we w...

Silver plated set 1943

Hi everyone. Can you tell me your opinion about this silver plated set. The set its from 6 goblets.They have hallmark "Fuhrer Fabrik Krupp 1943" with swastika. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I wondering whats its value now? Thanks!

Chinese/West Hong Kong Money Container

Hello, Came across this item and have no idea really what it is. I have a one person read most of the writing on it. To the best of her ability, she says. Top row reads: West Hong Kong. To the right:1018. To the left: Silver. The ones in the middle, ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shaw, VK? Disney Donkey Figurine Help

No luck on my part identifying the 4 1/2"h x 5 1/2"w Disney Donkey figure shown below. He looks like "Manni the Donkey," but perhaps he's from Pinocchio. Looks similar to Shaw or Vernon Kilns Disney figures, no markings anywhere. Could anyone help id...

DSC00001.JPG DSC00003.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Porcelain china identification

II'm looking for some information on some china I acquired. I was hoping someone could positively identify the type and approximate vintage of the pieces pictured below. Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated! Pieces are 8"x8", 8"x10" and pl...