cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Idea what this Christopher Bach piece is?

We got this Christopher Bach piece at an estate sale. Its 835 Silver and signed. We dont know what it is. Bookmark? A fork? its small and measures a little over 3 inches long and about 1 1/4 inches wide at the tines. We believe its from the 30's or 40's.

Anyone know what this is? We cant find any examples of it doing a routine google search.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Any Idea what this Christopher Bach piece is?

Maybe a lemon fork?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Or a bread fork? It looks more like a bread fork.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think it is some kind of hair pick or accessory
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the Ideas. At first we thought it was a hair accessory too, because of its size but Christopher Bach did not design hair accessories as far as I can tell.  I googled some old bread forks and found one kind of similar from the 20's but it was 7 inches long and described as a cake fork.

This one is only three inches long. Still stumped.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Pretty sure that it is a Roast Fork. There are a few 3 to 5 inch antique 3 pronged forks similar to yours shown online that are referred to as Roast Forks or Meat Forks (and in one case a Bread/Meat Fork).
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I just looked and yes I seen a few which is as close to mine as I can find. Thank you for your help.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello, Really nice. My 2 cents and I could be totally wrong but the trident shape of the fork tines, makes me think seafood, oyster or cocktail fork. Items for fish/ seafood are often splayed that way. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply