cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alas! Hopefully some knowledgeable folk who might be able to identify this occassional table!

Hi everyone. I have a friend who showed me a table she has in her kitchen and she tells me she has searched high  and low and can't find any info about the thing. I just got perusing the interweb for over two hours and I too can't find anything. Anyone know something about this table? She thinks it's red maple but is uncertain. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance!  🙂

Louis

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Alas! Hopefully some knowledgeable folk who might be able to identify this occassional table!

Interesting The color looks right for maple but I am a novice at best Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Alas! Hopefully some knowledgeable folk who might be able to identify this occassional table!

Thank you for asking! I found something similar a couple of weeks back,  just doesn't have the platform towards the bottom of the legs. Mine baffled me too. Both look handcrafted,  and both are attractive pieces. I'll be watching this post!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This is a quess; I know a little bit about furniture and 30s Americana.

My quess: pre-war. factory produced side table.  The deco and art & crafts elements were incorporated into it.

I sill have a few of the pieces.  If I get around to it, I'll send some pics to show similarities.

Might have some value for a decorator looking for cottage decor.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

a Quess? is that a brand name? I can't locate anything about Quess. I'll continue looking though.  🙂

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably Guess. The color of the wood doesn't look 1930's to me.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It looks like maple and something Cushman would have made.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I agree with bobo:

Cushman mfg. & maple.

I reviewed the Cushman listings on ebay.  My pieces (buried in the attic) have the same lines and coloration.

Style is a combination of colonial and deco

Message 8 of 8
latest reply