cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANTIQUE BREAD PAN MOLD

HELLO,

I,  FOR THE LIFE OF ME AND FELLOW DEALERS CAN'T REALLY PUT A VALUE OR REASONABLE DESCRIPTION ON THIS TWO SIDED PAN.  AT LEAST I THINK THAT'S WHAT IT IS. THE BRASS IDENTIFYING PLATE HELPS SOME....BUT ITS VERY EARLY AND I CAN'T FIND OUT MUCH ABOUT THIS COMPANY OR WHAT ITS PURPOSE IS.

SEEMINGLY EARLY SOLDERED....TIN....MOLD THING?

HELP!

THANKS...JEFF

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ANTIQUE BREAD PAN MOLD

Greetings Jeff;

I haven't been able to find out anything about 'Isaac Williams & Co', but the item that you have pictured looks like a butter mold to me. Bread molds tend to have an open top to allow the bread to rise. What are the measurements of this mold?

The Strawberry emboss on the top of the mold was popular during victorian times.
https://pin.it/yupxsafsetyajj

I also noticed that there are several books on butter molds and stamps on Amazon. Perhaps a used version of one of these books could be helpful in identifying your item. It is also an indication that people collect these things. Perhaps you can find a website with examples of metal butter molds.

Hopefully someone with some metal working experience could tell you the name of the 'steel wire-in rim' technique and perhaps when it became generally available. This technique is still used today on professional bakeware and it gives the pan/mold extra strength and resistance to warping.

Good luck with your research.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

THANK YOU!

SOME WELL WORTH POINTS TO LOOK INTO.

THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL DETAILED REPLY.

I'LL KEEP INVESTIGATING....

JEFF

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

After some digging found out the following..

Isaac S Williams Co. was founded in 1804 at 728 Market St., Philadelphia, PA

They were manufacturers and importers of housekeeping goods, tin, cutlery and Japannedware etc. This info can be found in the Pennsylvania Historical Records

Message 4 of 4
latest reply