cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your dream find/item you covet ??

Was hard finding the correct heading to put down...but I always wonder.. When we collect items, we are always seeing other items we would love to have. But is there one special item that you dream about owning? For me with my glassware...its about owning a vaseline or uranium Epergne. Not a great thing I guess but as its way out of my price range...it becomes a longed for item. I have all sorts of pinnacles to reach in each of my collections. What about you???? Trudy
Trudy

"Some make it happen, some watch it happen, and some say "What happened?"
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

There have been rumors that the old Mr. Hawkes of Hawkes cut glass retired here in my town before his death in the 50's...I would LOVE to go to an estate sale some weekend, and find out that the estate belongs to a close friend of Mr. Hawkes - and have the sale be full of cut glass treasures that are one of a kind, all signed, all perfect, ALL MINE! (Oh, and all under $10 each!) if you're going to dream, may as well dream BIG, lol....

Kelli

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Hey, campers! Interesting discussion. I hope I "covet" nothing. I wouldn't mind every piece made in Cambridge Caprice glassware in moonlight blue. We do have about 50 pieces, but we have a looooooooooong way to go. Dave (glaszkaleidoscope)
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

art-always-art
Enthusiast
Interesting discussion! I have a few of 'my favorite things'; an antique wood cookstove, home comfort, with roll down doors on the warming oven- it is in constant use in my kitchen, and sure makes food taste better than the gas stove does; I also have a wonderful antique detroit jewel gas stove with side oven, cream color with green trim, and a hinged bi-fold cover that hides the burners when not in use. Unfortunately, since we bought this house it has lived in storage, it doesn't fit in the kitchen. After 9 years here it doesn't look like we'll move, so I'm thinking about selling it. Right now, I have an antique high back wheelchair in my store. I plan to list more antiques in the near future- this is my first one listed. lois
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

WElcome, art-always-art. You have some beautiful items in your store! Lynn :x
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

peizbe1970
Enthusiast
Does anybody wants to share the love for collecting art nouveau statues (full body or just a bust )? I hate the reproduction that are so common on ebay now!!! I have been collecting for a while I own twenty someting statues( bronzes and spelter figures) just love the detail, expresions, I am always in the hunt for a new one but they are hard to find.
Message 20 of 33
latest reply

Hi peizbe! Although I don't know much about Art Nouveau Statues, I know I'd find them beautiful. I'd love to see some pictures of your collection! And perhaps you can teach us a bit about how to spot a reproduction? Do you ever find any REAL ones for sale on ebay? Thanks, Kathleen:)
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

I agree with Kathleen, please share with us. Scott 🙂
Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Indeed! I'd like to lear about art nouveau statues! Lynn :x
Message 23 of 33
latest reply

Me too!! Me too!! I LOVE the statues but as yet dont own one. Way out of my budget..I did just see a lovely one at an antique show..gorgeous..but over a $1000 Au. Closest I have is my lady lamp which is more Deco... Selina
Trudy

"Some make it happen, some watch it happen, and some say "What happened?"
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

To Find a Sleeper... ANYTHING that will sell for an EXCITING and SURPRISING amount! Our biggest so far has been $2500.00 :-) ~Dobears~ (Donna)
"Antiques are like friends, they add Joy & Beauty to your life".
Message 25 of 33
latest reply

What was the item? Wow! Lynn :x
Message 26 of 33
latest reply

The item was a Navajo Chiefs Blanket (had some damage or would have went for more). Donna
"Antiques are like friends, they add Joy & Beauty to your life".
Message 27 of 33
latest reply

Covet? Too strong a word. However, I do have a soft spot for art pottery in Mission/ Arts & Crafts style. Feel free to alert me if you see something unusual under $100 - or higher for jardineres and larger pieces. Dark greens are especially nice. We've got a bit of Ephriam, but the older stuff is nice also. I'd love to surprise the wife... John
Message 28 of 33
latest reply

buhachandmore
Enthusiast
These vases...they have been in my family for years. I saw one auction for $32,000 (and that was for only one of them)....they are so beautiful. Glass is my passion, pottery too! I'll try to figure out how to post a photo-but what I am speaking about are two perfect peach blow vases. Suzanne
Message 30 of 33
latest reply