cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some one please tell me what is this and which type of antique.

I found this and i don't know about bottle and what is the price please some one tell me what is this and which type of antique.

Ancient Roman Quartz Stone Bottle (2).jpgAncient Roman Quartz Stone Bottle (1).jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Some one please tell me what is this and which type of antique.

Hi I have a piece that is referred to as leaded art glass. It may be this type and also crystal.With out actually seeing it in person it is hard to tell. When I researched mine it's value was about $200. It depends of course on the size, over all condition w/demand for unique. Hope this helps. It also looks like it could be marble.

@gemsartcollections wrote:

I found this and i don't know about bottle and what is the price please some one tell me what is this and which type of antique.

Ancient Roman Quartz Stone Bottle (2).jpgAncient Roman Quartz Stone Bottle (1).jpg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Some one please tell me what is this and which type of antique.

Impossible to say from the photos and w/out marks, original packaging or labels.

Looks like the type of Museum-repro style stuff that was big about 10-15 years ago, with the antique luster or rainbow finish.

I'd say, at best it's a department store knick nack (Neimans, Sacks) that may have origianally been $20-$75, back then. But more likely it's the knock off that came out the next year (Ruby Tuesdays, TJ Max) for $5-$7.50.

If it had a name etched in (Kosta) that may make it more collectable, but honestly, I'm not impressed by the tepid design.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply