cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hallmarks on British Silver Pendant with Byzantine Image of Christ with two raised fingers.

Can anyone Identify the Hallmarks on this Pendant? ThanksIMG_1657.JPGIMG_1660 - Copy.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hallmarks on British Silver Pendant with Byzantine Image of Christ with two raised fingers.

Hi, regarding the hallmarks on this cross, from what I can find I believe this piece to be made of Sterling silver as there is the lion passant symbol first followed by having the leapord's head symbol for the London, England Assay office, and thirdly the date letter, stylised 'g' for the year 1962. The maker's stamp appears to have the initials 'd p' in a diamond shape lozenge but I have been unable to find who the maker for this piece was. Hope this has been useful. Kind regards. Sue. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Hallmarks on British Silver Pendant with Byzantine Image of Christ with two raised fingers.

Hi Sue, Yes, it was very useful. I hope to sell this piece and did not know a thing about it. searched and searched myself trying to identify the hallmarks. Thanks so much. Cheers, Christopher

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Glad to be of service. Sue
Message 4 of 4
latest reply