cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
This thread is for the real deal. Weiss Repro is a different thread. For those wanting to post pictures to the description and don't know how, you can email me the pictures and will post them for you. Weiss had signed and unsigned pieces. We can find out how to search for the unsigned pieces and verify them with the backs of signed pieces. Will be posting more information shortly.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

Signed Weiss Faux Pearl Grape Cluster and Leaves

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

Susan--did you want a complete picture of the back, or any other information? Marylee
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
No, just the symbol so members know how to check their own jewelry when trying to buy.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

aunteunie
Enthusiast
Beautiful bigthings, plus great photo
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
Could you also post the pictures to our photo albums for signed brooches. As we go along, I can bet them in alpha order for us to use the photo albums more efficently.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
Marylee, Yes that is a wonderful piece. I'm gonna watch them.
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
I understand that the Weiss lettering is raised instead of resessed on the signatures. Is that true in all case? Marylee it looks the lettering is raised & not resessed on that signature. Beings there is several different markings that were used, it would be nice to know which ones are raised/recessed. Weiss goldtone pieces -- are they 10kgp? Were some pieces japanned (black backing)? Most were rhodium plated. Can Jacqui and Carrie type discription of Weiss charactertistics? I think maybe we should open up a new photo album just for Weiss Pictures. When posting pictures, it would be good to include size of jewelry items and year if you know the year in title of picture.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

HI, Just put pictures of weiss pins & earings in photo album. I'll try to get close ups of backs. All but the green pin have been in my collection for years. It only has one earing pin isn't signed.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
Thanks nan, looking forward to seeing them. Weiss did have unmarked pieces. I'm always looking for details of backs to be able to identify unmarked pieces.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

Susan, the green pin is the only one I'm not sure of maybe you can tell me. I have some others with same back not signed. Will put them in unknown maybe some one will know what they are.
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

cmpollack
Enthusiast
Nan, Thanks for posting your signed pieces to the photo album--I've been wondering about the "Weiss NY" signature (which is on the earrings to a demi I recently purchased at auction), and am glad to see that it is a legit mark. About the green pin--is the signed earring part of a set with it? The demi I got has the earrings signed, but not the necklace, and I have seen other (vintage!) brooch/earring demis listed on eBay this way, with signed earrings but unsigned brooch. Carrie
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

susanat777
Enthusiast
Weiss did not sign all of their pieces. That is one folder that I have been storing pics of backs of sets and earring clips. There is a lot of unsigned Weiss out there.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

Carry, the earring is part of the set the only part is signed. I kept it even though I have just one. Thanks
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Weiss Signed & Unsigned

Susan, I added a Weiss pin with a signature not yet shown in the album. It's graduated (I don't know what else to call it--all letters aren't the same size.) If you know the correct term, please add it to my title.
Message 15 of 21
latest reply