cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Group Name Let's Discuss

susanat777
Enthusiast
I know we have discussed this before. Thought it would be worth talking about it again. Our Name: Antique & Vintage Jewelry by Design. I'd like to bring more new members in. Our Group Name really doesn't represent what this group is about. We are about research and identifying jewelry. We haven't begun to touch the subjects of all the vintage sterling silver jewelry out there. Mostly we have been about American Costume Jewelry of the Art Deco period to the 60's. I like the story board link that I'd like to see develop into those areas. Will Back to the subject, I'll have to find out how many letters can be used in a group title name. I'd like to incorporate the words research history costume & fine or words sterling silver. 1st of all what do you all think about changing our name and does anyone want to toss around some examples of name candidates.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: New Group Name Let's Discuss

Happy Thanksgiving to all. New name would be good something catchy like Jewelry investigation and identification for beginners and experts. I love those detective shows LOL. I actually start a real business on Jan 1st on Ebay hopefully a web site will be built soon for me but 1st I have to see how it goes with just ebay. I will be using my old name but got a license and tax # so I can sell for others as well. Didn't realize how much leg work there is. I thought the group was already closed but looks like it is still here>
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

OK!! How about Antique jewelry discussion group?? Just my two cent. TH
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No matter the name the game is the same. Who, what, when & where.How it's made? What's it made of? How old is it? Oh and how to keep it safe from the elements. I' Ok with any name you chose. I like the Antique Jewelry discussion group. Don't know much about it , would love to learn. I believe I have some but can't find out much about it. Would be nice to learn. I'm rambleing again sorry. Nancy
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I like Costume Jewelry Investigators. -- Jeanette

RHINESTONES ROCK

Jeanette
RHINESTONES ROCK
Live With No Excuses - Love With No Regrets
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

susanat777
Enthusiast
Keywords that come to mind. Antique Vintage Jewelry Research History -- I like the word investigation too. Antique usually means 100 years old. But we also are into vintage jewelry to contempory or modern period. In some circles pre-war II in jewelry division is considered antique. I found that in a Government rules on selling jewelry too -- but will have to search for it again. just for giggles -- Antique Jewelry Research & History Investigators ?????
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

How about 'Jewelry - Collectible & Vintage - Info for all' Something simple might be appealing to more people. And we can invite people to our group using the contact seller form to invite them. Haven't been here in quite awhile and am happy the group is still going. Lots of good infohere and I have a lot of stuff to sell, but the motivation is missing :(. --
Sandy
Friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply