cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help dating and stone signed 925 and 900 on chain Iwas told edwarding but not sure

Please help this is such a wonderfull pece but I want to make sure I listed it right ...The pendant is marked 925 the chain is marked 900 the stone is unusral not sure what it s....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need help dating and stone signed 925 and 900 on chain Iwas told edwarding but not sure

The bail does look old, the stone could be rose quartz. Not an expert so not sure. Nancy

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Need help dating and stone signed 925 and 900 on chain Iwas told edwarding but not sure

It looks like it could be Edwardian, but hard to tell, it would help to show a photo of the clasp as well.  The photo is a little glare-y, hard to really see the stone that well, sure could be rose quartz, or maybe could be angelskin coral?  I'm not great at ID'ing minerals, but there's lots of resources on the web to help you identify different stones, here's one that I like:  http://www.bernardine.com/jewelry-color.htm cuz it is really hard to tell from photos unless they are super awesome photos (which are super hard to take, at least for me!)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

p.s. you probably know "925" means sterling silver, and "900" is a slightly lower grade of silver... so this is gold plated silver and sterling silver...just mentioning in case you didn't already know it 🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Love this site. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply