cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a date on this coil necklace

When I found this necklace it had alot on gunk and rust on it. I thought it was trash, but I had some timetoday and decided to try to clean it up and it managed to save it from the trash. I thought it was from the 70's.. But by the clasp it looks older. Since thr rust came off without taking any of the gold color off... I have no idea what material it is other than it is not gold plated....The necklace is not marked....Iamguessing the peice is 1940's not 70's.... -Chris

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

aunteunie
Enthusiast
That clasp does look late 40's, doesn't it! Looks like something Joan Crawford would wear. Also, looks brass.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

susanat777
Enthusiast
Please do not create new discussion for each jewelry item request for information. We have discussions already started that we all post too called: Post Questions on Jewelry Unknown Marks Here
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

aunteunie
Enthusiast
Well, Susan, she didn't actually have an unknown mark. So it is forgivable, isn't it?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry....
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

susanat777
Enthusiast
Hey, no problem -- we just trying to keep our post threads down by all of us trying to post the same like threads. It's easier for all of us to find the same subject in one thread that way. That's the theory anyway. So, please do post away, nothing written in stone here.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Chris--How would you describe the weight? Is this heavy for its size? Flexible?
Message 7 of 7
latest reply