cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miriam Haskell Necklace?

I posted this on the fashion forum page, and after some googling found this jewelry page still exsisted. Hard to find.  I found this necklace at garage sale.  My knowledge of custom jewelry is really minimal.  It does have a Miriam Haskell hang tag.  The lobster clasp looks new.  But the details on this necklace are amazing.  There is a bead at the end of the pearl encrusted pendant that matches the large cloisonne pendant and bead.  Also the beads at the center of the two other charms also are the same cloissone design as the pendants.  Could it be Miriam Haskell?  If so could you give me an estimate of the value, thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Miriam Haskell Necklace?

Yes, I believe your necklace is by Miriam Haskell...

I found similar pendants googling 'Miriam Haskell Floral Cloisonne necklace'..

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just an observation mind you,the necklace  is out of balance. Very pretty, however Haskell didnt have access to lobster claw closures and the string of mundane pearls look out of sync. Those Haskell tags were bastartized with other none Haskell necklaces back in the 90s when jewelry was at its highest prices.Other then the pendants are from the same family, there just seems to be something off in the over all design. Maybe someone else will come in with more info on the piece and can tell you the time frame (absent claw catch).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I agree, about the lobster clasp.  It is added new.  The necklace is very heavy and I just assumed the clasp broke, and an easy repair was done, by adding the new clasp.  Not sure about the extra strand of pearls, except one of the pendants is set with pearls, so it is related to that.  And as I mentioned each of the pendants features the same cloissone as the large center pendant.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My apologies,lobster catches are put on the newer Haskell necklaces. The Co. is no longer in the Haskell family and hasnt been since around the 80s. I didnt know the Co. was still around.Hope that helps.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply