cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Are Your Sales on the Auction Doing

susanat777
Enthusiast
Hopefully a good thread to start expecially during this Xmas season. I've read reports of sales now increasing, but overall still much less then this time last year. Since selling volume is said to be going up, I listed some .99 beginning bids to see what happens and perhaps a draw into my store. I got one bid on an unmarked set of haskell earrings. lol
Message 1 of 627
latest reply
626 REPLIES 626

Re How Are Your Sales on the Auction Doing

aunteunie
Enthusiast
My sales are up this week. A combination of things, mostly earrings, then glass crow beads and gemstone beads. Copper ear wires going like crazy. Mailed out 15 packages during the week. Sold $92.00 worth yesterday alone. Just about knocked me off my feet! Keep fingers crossed!
Message 406 of 627
latest reply

Summer sales were better for me this year. Not sure why, maybe just because I had more interesting summer stuff. Autumn sales have not been as strong, but I suspect that will change in the next couple of weeks. November through February are usally strong months for me. Summer is a busy time for me and I generally just don't get time to post for community discussions and I feel bad about that but I am just right out straight in the summer just trying to keep up with the house. Winter brings quiet over the land. Best to all, AIV
Message 407 of 627
latest reply

I quit selling in May and just now started to put up a few things. Had two sales so that is good. Got to get motivated to put more stuff up. --
Sandy
Friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
Message 408 of 627
latest reply

aunteunie
Enthusiast
People have been buying from Friday to Monday. Still selling lots of stuff, but of course not expensive stuff.
Message 409 of 627
latest reply

I have been listing older/ newer/costume/fine and just cute variety of items. Hoping someone will see one and look at the others so save on shipping. Offering a shipping discount and taking a chance on dirt low starting prices. Some items I am getting just what I paid back but some are doing pretty good. Many buyers have very low feedback but all have been paying except one. Since I don't have much in the new gift catagory I will not be listing much in December. Plus the USPS has been loosing my packages lately and giving me a nightmare. I do not know how they will be doing during the holiday rush but I just can't deal with the headaches during the holidays I want to enjoy them. Good luck to all Mary
Message 410 of 627
latest reply

susanat777
Enthusiast
Losing packages? How many?
Message 411 of 627
latest reply

aunteunie
Enthusiast
The post office lost 5 of my packages (all same day mailing). That's when I found out that insurance is for sellers, not buyers. If a package is lost, the seller has to refund the buyer.
Message 412 of 627
latest reply

I have used only the magic marker w/o del. conf. on small boxes to ship jewelry items w/good results. Goes first class mail but is large enough to protect the item plus difficult to loose or steal. TH
Message 413 of 627
latest reply

aunteunie
Enthusiast
I use 10 in x 6.5 in x '1 in' bubble mailers. I don't think they are that easy to lose.
Message 414 of 627
latest reply

All of the packages finally arrived to their destinations. My brother in law is a postman. He said to email them and complain real bid and they would take notice. (more so than phoning in a complaint and filing a lost mail form)I did and it worked. I guess they were all together in a box in the back of the atlanta hub station. I am glad they just made it to where they were supposed to go. I am currently waiting on a member to send me back a package. I sent the wrong item to the wrong person. Didn't discover it until I went to mail one item and I didn't have it but I had an item that I thought I had mailed. She said she would mail it back today I am confidant that she will she was very nice. Things were crazy at that time with Work the dog and everything else. You can bet I will triple check my next mailings. Mary
Message 415 of 627
latest reply

aunteunie Take a peek at my surgery dog she looks very much like yours. http://tinyurl.com/386zmw Mary
Message 416 of 627
latest reply

aunteunie
Enthusiast
Hey! She sure does. Mine is a Tibetian spaniel throwback from shitz shu (????) parents. She has the coloring of the father. She is also the best dog (friend) I have ever had. What happened to yours? I hope she is all better now. Only 4 of my packages arrived.
Message 417 of 627
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!! My auctions are slow. A recession is predicted for next year. However, sales at Amazon last quarter had quadrupled this time last year. Go figure?? TH
Message 418 of 627
latest reply

Hope everyone had a peaceful holiday-- Marylee -- If you can read this, thank a teacher.
Message 419 of 627
latest reply

TH, I'm being dense here and not understanding. Recession I understand. But when you said Amazon last qtr quadrupled last year, how does it tie in to the recession now? Scratching head and trying to understand ;) --
Sandy
Friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.
Message 420 of 627
latest reply