cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying large coral necklace native American?

I purchased this sterling silver necklace awhile back and I am just now getting around to identifying it. To me it looks native American but I am unsure as it is unmarked. It is very unique and beautiful with a large 22mm x 15mm natural salmon coral.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Help identifying large coral necklace native American?

With the striations, the stone looks like it could be coral. The style of the necklace looks more mid century modern than Native American. Where was it purchased?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ahh, very nice piece! The coral is genuine precious Corallium coral, natural color, and it looks like a large piece which is rare nowadays. I agree too, it doesn't look quite like Native American in its design; it definitely has a more contemporary artisan/modernist feel to it. If there is a makers mark on the back, that would help.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your input. It was purchased in Washington state at an estate sale.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Good to know and thank you. I was pondering modernist as well but the coral made me think native American. I have scoured it for makers marks but there is absolutely no marks whatsoever. It's too bad because a necklace such as this is a beauty and i'd love to be able to attribute it to someone.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply