cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Interesting Brooch

Would this very large double brooch piece be called a chatelaine style brooch? Each faux pearl centered flower brooch measures 2.5 inches in diameter and the longest chain is 24 inches. As seen, the brooches are 11 inches apart (from pearl to pearl).  Is this just jewelry, or does it have a purpose? Thank for any help.

Double Brooch With ChainsDouble Brooch With ChainsBrooch FrontBrooch FrontBrooch BackBrooch Back

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help With Interesting Brooch

Hi.....this looks to be what is referred to as a "Sweater Guard".  Research Vintage Sweater Guard.  Yes, you could also include Chatelaine in your description.  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the response. I would have thought about it being a sweater guard, but it is such a large piece.  It would almost be pinned from shoulder to shoulder on me. I also think that it would be too heavy for a sweater.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think it is some type of sweater or coat guard. I think most likely on a coat since it is heavy. I ran across one myself a few months ago and sold it. I grouped it in with sweater guards and scarf holders.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I think that, due to size,  it would have to be a coat/cloak guard. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Google "draped chain"jewelry

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I think they are for shoulders. So beautiful on chest! 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply