cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with this maker's mark?

A couple of brooches have sold recently on ebay with this stamp, as Chanel. Chanel uses only 18k for their gold jewelry. At one time you couldn't sell something lower than 18k in France. These brooches were all 14K 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can someone help me with this maker's mark?

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble. I simply want to know what I have.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You have an original Cartier ... nice!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I wasn't able to find any cartier with this stamp. Do you have a link? Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

cartier_2.jpg

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Let's see the face of the brooch please 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The Cs are different. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Sure, the Cs on Amethyst brooch are different from your leaf brooch. I see sharp edges like on the leaf brooch which is very diffrent from block heavy Cs on the Amethyst brooch. I see Cs on the leaf brooch closer to Cartier than  Coco Chanel emblem. The only other thing is the crown. 

Look into the workmanship as well. The hing looks too cheap for Cartier, that is why I asked to see the front of the leaf brooch.  

Cartier signes in full name ' Cartier' most of the times  but I have seen smaller pieces stamped with emblem. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hope, I haven't offended you by the word 'cheap'. It was the most common word I could find to transfer my thoughts. 

For example look at the Amethyst brooch. The stone at 3 o'clock clearly doesn't match the stone on 9 o'clock. The difference is not in size. I am sure they are calibrated  but the difference is in cut.  To me, one table is ever so slightly bigger than the other.

Setting job on Amethyst brooch is allover the place. On one prong; tip is fat and on the other is excessively long.   

So, it is all about the workmanship and to me, the emblem on the leaf brooch matches the Cartier emblem. This is only one opinion and should be counted as one.

Good Luck,

Message 12 of 12
latest reply