cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Zenith Experier broken watch

B8F7915C-779B-4C97-A913-674DD7564C84.jpegB6731C08-480B-4B07-8413-BEE044E9B595.jpegI

I have this Zenith Experier watch that was my FIL that is of no use to me whatsoever - sitting in a drawer for years - so I want to list it. The thing is is doesn’t work, and I don’t want to spend the money to fix it.  How should I state that? Say not working or for parts? I realize this group is jewelry, but you guys are the most helpful around, so I thought I’d give it a try. Any advice appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Advice on Zenith Experier broken watch

First, the word on the face is Epervier. The working ones can sell in the thousands.  I'm not sure what would happen with a nonworking version.  Apparently Rolex used Zenith movements until about 23 years ago, so they're good watches.  If it were me, I'd get it repaired and wear it. If you don't want to, I bet there's a "watch guy" who wouldn't mind a Zenith as a daily driver. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Watch is a quartz model. So the first thing to do is see if a new battery will get it running. Might cost you under $20.00 to have a jeweler put in a new one and see if it works. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the catch on the spelling error - old eyes aren’t great. After looking at comps I’m inclined to agree to just spend the money and fix it. Thanks for the advice!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply