cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Sellers!

Today we kick off Open ’22, and I couldn’t be more excited. If you know me, this event is one of – if not my most – favorite eBay celebrations of the year. Ever since my first eBay Open (back when we called it eBay Live) in 2006, I always look forward to this incredible gathering. The chance to spend several days with you, learning and creating connections, is what makes eBay – and eBay Open – so special.

This year, I’m more optimistic than ever about where we are as a marketplace: the long-term growth we’re creating, the innovations we’re launching, and the bright future ahead. In the next three days, you’re going to hear a lot about how we’re continuing to build on:

• New technology and tools that drive buyers and velocity to your listings, like the eBay vault, 3D True View, and eBay Live (the feature! Yes the name is a throw-back tribute.) 
  • The trust we’re building with the expansion of Authenticity Guarantee, which began with Watches and Sneakers, and now includes Trading Cards, Handbags and Jewelry across multiple markets;
  • And the ways we continue to enhance your selling experiences with expanded shipping options, photos and video upgrades, and payments improvements.

You’ll be able to join keynotes from our CEO and others on the eBay leadership team as they share how we’re evolving the marketplace to make eBay Sellers more competitive. You’ll have access to training sessions to help you achieve even greater eBay selling success, whether you’re a beginner or advanced seller. And we’re hosting dozens of category and seller-led breakouts to guide you through a range of topics, from inventory management to social media and more…

New Faces

As we push boundaries to move our strategy even faster in service of Buyers and Sellers, it’s clear that being close to customers – everywhere they are – is key to building the strongest eBay possible. After 16 years with eBay, I’m honored to have been asked to lead our new Global Markets team, bringing the voice of customers from around the world to the center of how we operate as a company. 

As I’ve taken on this new role, which involves travel to Europe and Asia, my team has also evolved and I want to make sure each new face is familiar to you. Names you’re going to see at Open ‘22 and beyond include: Adam Ireland, GM and VP of eBay U.S., and Xiaodi Zhang, our new VP of Seller Experience.

Adam will step into leading our U.S. business, working closely with me and all of you. With more than a decade of eBay under his belt, he’s led an impressive number of teams across the company, from Customer Service to Operations, in both Europe and here in the U.S.. Adam and I have worked closely for years, and while I will miss not having the same regular interaction with all of you, I’m confident Adam will represent your voices exceptionally. In fact, he’s already shared with me his plans to get out and meet many of you in person starting with Open’s live viewing session - and he has the distinct honor of announcing our 2022 class of Up & Running Grantees!

Xiaodi, who you’ll hear from on Day 2 of Open, will play a key role in listening to your needs and updating features – like inventory management tools, shipping, messaging and stores – to make sure you have the right tools to run your business. Xiaodi is our latest ‘boomerang’ hire, returning to us after a 10-year stint as Chief Product Officer at 1stDibs. We can’t wait to share her plans for enhancing your selling experience in the years to come!

eBay Open ‘22

You’ll see me, Jamie, Adam, Xiaodi, and many more eBay faces over the coming days - we are all committed to helping you grow your business and deepen our eBay community connections. Each year Open gives us the chance to build a stronger, more awesome eBay, together. Whether we’ve been in-person, virtual, or a hybrid blend with studio events around the country (like this year), we get to share where we’re focusing our attention and energy to make eBay work as hard for you as possible – and for you to give us your feedback so we can keep adjusting and improving.

This year’s eBay Open will be up-close, personal, and very interactive. Even though we’re still (mostly) virtual, we’ve done our best to find in-real-life satellite locations, real-time connection opportunities and many of you have even agreed to host viewing parties.

And that’s what’s ultimately most important about Open for me, making sure you – our Seller partners – feel like a participant in this event and every day at eBay, no matter where you’re located. I’m grateful that you chose to join us, and I hope you each find something useful in the keynotes, breakouts, training, discussions and networking sessions.

So, thank you for being a part of our amazing network of entrepreneurs and enthusiasts, and for sharing your valuable time, wisdom and passions with us and thousands of other Sellers like you. Thank you for your input and feedback, for being our partner, and for always helping us make eBay better.

And, as always, thank you for selling on eBay!

Jordan Sweetnam

P.S. A 2006 ‘vintage’ eBay Open/Live photo (recognize anyone?)

seller_news_team_0-1663771128564.png