cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due to recent severe winter weather in the northeastern US, communication, power, and transportation lines may be disrupted.

If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in this region, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe weather conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.

Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by weather-related delays in this region. We will continue to monitor the situation and include any sellers who may be affected.

64 Comments

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mail today in Allentown pa

Anonymous
Not applicable

No mail in Allentown pa today 

Thank you so much! There was no mail here today and possibly not tomorrow either. No way to send packages.

@seller_news_team  Thank you for this Announcement.  What I would like to see is a statement that ALL On time shipping and delivery metrics be completely suspended for the following states this week starting Today (Tuesday)  Md, De, NJ, PA, NY, MA, CT, VT, NH, ME.  We are in southern PA and at 3;30 pm ventured out to the Post Office, completely closed.  No mail delivery either.  The storm is heading north from here so those states will be experiencing the same Wednesday - Thursday as they will be harder hit than our area.  One account here has 2 items missing the on-time Acceptance scan because the PO was closed and there is no way to count on the delivery scan at the delivery address to avoid a defect because who knows how long it will take to get out of the area PLUS  one package is actually heading into the north so who knows when it will be delivered.  Thank you for your consideration.

Will eBay automatically remove any late delivery defects due to the storm or must we call and hope to get a rep that knows about your announcement?

Our shipping centers were all closed today, my county is still in state of emergency.  And I sold several things today, go figure! I am in NE PA.

Thank you.  We are still under a state of emergency and have over 26" of snow.  

Thank You ebay for understanding and helping us to get the message out. We are located in North East Pennsylvania and we have 30" We are under state of emergency. Also, the post offices are closed until further notice.

Thank you Ebay!

Several packages that were picked up yesterday by my carrier midday on Monday in southwestern Connecticut, were not even processed through the sorting facilities as of today--Tuesday--in the evening. Under normal conditions they would have shown acceptance at the respective sorting facilities by midnight on Tuesday.

Yes it would be nice to see today's shipping metric suspended/deleted from equation.... I wasn't able to get packages to post office due to severe weather today had enough challenges without getting a lower validated tracking time percent for my troubles... not to mention the potential for bad feeback over ship times... with higher top rated seller requirements every bit is going to matter...   

I put my store on Vacation because of the storm but other IDs here are not stores and those have the potential defect issues with a delayed Acceptence scan.  And I only did that BECAUSE of the Shipping defect metric ... so on a certain level not having confidence that eBay will waive the defect metric due to a natural disaster is what drove my decision ... it should be automatically waived, period, and NOT require a phone call from thousands (or more) of Sellers to make sure we are not getting dinged. 

NO mail yesterday in Chalfont PA, I hope mail service is ok today. fingers crossed. 

Still under a no travel ban...it is now 6:50 Wed. morning 3/15 and still being hammered by

snow...I will see how things are this afternoon...Thank you for you patience..

Newburgh, NY: 2+ feet of snow. All major highways closed, all shipping companies closed. This will impact business in the area for 2-3 days.

Central NY.  I got 3 feet with wind gusts.  Everything shut down again today. 

as of today, still under a travel ban, roads here are supposed to open at noon, doubt postal employees will becoming in then. 

DO WE HAVE TO CALL EBAY AND LET THEM KNOW THAT WE CAN'T SEND MAIL? OUR ROAD STILL ISN'T PLOWED. THANKS 

Hopefully the mail runs today (Wednesday) I am in Philly and no mail ran yesterday.  I tried to get my car out this morning but doesn't look like it's going to happen.  

Thank you so much! We are currently plowed in our own driveway, and are struggling to get our items out to the post office! Can't believe spring arrives in five days-at least it'll start warming up and raining this weekend! Hope everyone is safe and warm!

Was no USPS on 3/14/17, due to storm, all were closed in CT

Tried to surprise a buyer and Overnighted something Monday from Maryland to New Jersey.  Product stuck in Memphis since Monday because Newark airport is closed. I could have driven it them faster. 

We are still in a state of emergency due to 30" of snow and there is still a travel ban. Only penn dot and individuals with a plow that helping people dig out are allowed on the roads. Obviously the post offices are closed again. 

So we won't be hit with getting items out late?  Our area, we were not allowed on the roads yesterday and the post office was closed.  I had about 15 items to be shipped yesterday but couldn't.  I see this being a hard time!

Have 21 packs to ship but cant get to PO.

No home mail delivery

Still snowed in Wednesday

Moosic Pa

Thank you eBay for supporting your sellers.

We work our butt's off to deliver the best service.

When weather makes it impossible to meet shipping deadlines other selling platform don't care. 

eBay your still the most seller friendly platform. Keep up the great support of sellers and buyer's.  grinning

Thank you from NE PA!

I wish eBay could consider to announce that , during the Christmas days

in the Midwest.

I called and I let them know about the blizzards and high quantity

of snow . Some of my packages where scanned late by the

Post Office !!!

No announcement was posted.

I do not believe we will not be affected.

Due to the fact that Sellers accounts are getting defects due to Ebay not 

having the freight company in as a correct shipping company.

We have to call on every freight shipment in to be sure we don't get a defect.

We have defects on account because of weather & the buyer said they did not get product on time.

I truly hope it will be different this time.

This is just another A for Ebay for not making everyone close their items for sale as some do NOT TO SAY WHO but I am sure you know 😉

ebay team, all buyers who paid need to be notified by ebay & when sellers alreday uploaded tracking number on your site, thanks

Still Some closures and delays here in West Virginia as well!

Yes, the snow storm hit here on LI and the post office, schools and airlines all were down.  Definately delays leaving out of New York. Please if anyone orders from NY expect delays

Thank you! I could not get any packages out yesterday in Elizabethtown, PA because the post office was closed and carriers were not working. I did get everything out today though. Thank you so much for tracking this sort of thing and taking it into consideration when evaluating our performance. Also for letting buyers know what is going on. I did keep all my buyers with current transactions updated though as I feel we as sellers should do so.  I love eBay and hope to be doing business here for the long haul.

Thank you for providing such a wonderful service!

thankyou !!! we recieved 35 inches from this storm still trying to dig out !!!!!

Good For Reference

We still have a travel ban and no post office is open. Everyone, everywhere is still digging out. 

Honesdale PA

Hi All - No need to call into eBay Customer Service. We'll apply the protections automatically on the backend. Thx! ~Audrey

You may also see: "Shipping Exception" noted on the Tracking if you uploaded it. 

innocent

We were hit pretty well with approx. 30" of heavy snow with this storm. The USPS was closed in upstate New York and across other states during this event. Today 3/15/17, the USPS is still delayed in our region and throughout the state, as well as many other states in the northeast. I also think all sellers with transactions and shipments from 3/14/17 till the delay is lifted, that we should be given a full 5 star detailed seller performance ratings, as these things are well beyond our control.

Thanks...Nor'Easter Winter Storm Stella 3-14-17 001.JPGNor'Easter Winter Storm Stella 3-14-17 005.JPG

I am located in southwestern Connecticut. Packages picked up Monday forward that are FIRST CLASS still have not been processed--just the Priority packages.

Not able to ship Tues or Wednesday.  My area received 42 inches of snow and no post offices were open.  All packages ship out today, Thursday.  thank you.

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Unbelieveable late snowstorms in the East, nearly Summer weather in the West!

In case your interested in what a blizzard does in Northeast Pennsylvania and getting your packages out, try doing it in this!

Ebay us Top Rated sellers THANK YOU! 🙌

Even almost a week after the storm, we are now expecting more this weekend. You know the Post Office is working quite slow.  I has a pick up the weekend before the storm and it still took them almost 4-5 days to check the items in. So Ding! This happens to be a common problem, storm or no storm. How can we be in control of the Post Office. So yes, hoping the Dings get removed. Thank you

Update from southwestern Connecticut. Packages picked up Monday, March 13 and forward that are FIRST CLASS were processed last night -- Saturday, March 18, and this morning, Sunday, March 19 in Jersey City, New Jersey. Normally, the White Plains sorting facility in Westchester, NY runs the first class mail, which is an indicator that they have probably been backed up.

Packages leaving California have been delayed as well. Not sure what is going on as the tracking has read "in transit" for 8 or 9 days. Getting emails from customers daily. Not fun....

Ok I got dinged for two late deliveries due to the weather in Nj last week.  How do I get those taken off?