cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos are uploading in very low quality

For about a couple of weeks, my photos started uploading in very poor quality. This wasn't for every new listing but it's happening more frequently now.

I know it is not my photos because when I step away and go back to the drafts with the poor photos, I'm able to re-upload the exact photos with no issues in quality.  It is starting to happen for every 3 to 4 new listings now and have to wait it out before I can re-upload without issues. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@mistermikeshopping 

Thank you for posting here. Could you check to see if you have the latest updated app, and then re-open the app and and try to create a new listing let us know if you are still seeing the low quality images.

Thanks

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm having the same issue! 

I'm doing a research and several sellers are complaining about the same problem,  now including me. I thought I was having internet wifi issues but that's not the problem. I'm transferring my phone pictures to my computer and pictures look great! I just uploaded from computer to Ebay and there is not blurry issues. 

Ebay needs to solve this problem because is just a delay for sellers.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hi!! I'm having the same problem! Very bad quality pictures uploading from my phone. I just checked and my app is updated. 

Transferring pictures from phone to computer is a waste of time and delaying process to make a list. Could Ebay solve this issue please?? I'm doing a research and several sellers are complaining. 

Thank you!! 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same issue as well 😠😠

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I am slow having this issue. The app is fully updated. I have changed nothing on my phone to cause this change since uploading 2 days ago with no issues. This is happening with nearly every post I attempt.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It's happening to me, too and it's so frustrating!! 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I am having the same problem. I tried deleting the app and re downloading it and it's doing the same thing. I've noticed it seems to go hand in hand when the crop function is also not working. It has been an issue for weeks but seems to be getting worse.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@mistermikeshopping @pnwpaula @basomsbeautycloset @giglz2015 

Thanks for sharing all the feedback. Could you please update to the latest version of the android app this week, version 6.118, it should be working better with the image quality and cropping. 

Please let us know

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I have the most current update available. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

That update actually made the problem worse. Instead of occasional issues with the quality it's every listing.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Same thing is happening with me!! 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

This problem is still occurring even with the most updated version. I also upgraded to a new phone model and this issue keeps occurring. 

I notice whenever the photo uploads in fraction of a second, that is when the quality becomes extremely low. I've done everything I could think of and the issue doesn't want to go away. Hoping this could be resolved soon. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Having exactly the same problem. It looks like the app is resizing images (to save ebay storage/bandwidth?) as they are being resized to 500 pixels on the longest axis, which is the miminum size required. Cropping then becomes impossible. This applies to uploaded images as well as photos taken. Unfortunately the app is doing a terrible job of resizing the images making the phone app a terrible option for listing auctions.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

The same thing is still happening for me. The eBay app resizes images taken within the app to 500px on the longest side, so it's not possible to do any cropping. I'm using eBay for Android version 6.14.0.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S22 running Android 14, One UI 6.0.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply