cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Week discontinued for this group 2018

After much discussion and thought, we  (admins) have decided to discontinue hosting Theme Week for this group.  We had been including it as a courtesy because aceo originated within this group.  Alas, all good things must come to an end.   It is next to impossible to keep the integrity of the challenge here, so entries from this group will no longer qualify as of January 1, 2018.  To qualify you must be a member of good standing in the facebook group.  Please join us at:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

If you have any questions I will address them on this thread.

Your December entries will of course be included this time.

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Theme Week discontinued for this group 2018

sadly my responses were to indivisual posts on here....but from my view, they all just come at the end.  Doesn't matter.  You get the point.  We have invited you to the fb page.  We did not "oust" anyone.  We have not attacked anyone personally.  We would never do that.  We volunteer our time....we do not receive anything for doing it (especially thanks) and have decided that we are making it easier on ourselves.  This was not decided easily...in fact it was a long time coming.  To infer that we did this on a whim is incorrect and very unfair.  Methinks you think only of yourselves.

my blog
Message 16 of 43
latest reply

By the way...Joy is a moderator in the Facebook group and was acting as part of the team of administrators  that included this group in tw.  The same as Isa was when she was doing it.  Do not blame her or say she is not supportive.  That is unfair and unjust.    

my blog
Message 17 of 43
latest reply

And just to straighten out any misconceptions as to why facebook.  When eBay changed the group managment over, we were under constant threat that groups were going to be closed.  Instead of sitting by and doing nothing the facebook group was opened.  Sure enough when the change over took place a lot of information was lost forever in this group.  
Administration became impossible.  We could not manage the group.  If you were around then, or cared to watch, you would know that we tried in the beginning but it was impossible.  It has never changed for the better.  We have complained.  Asked them to revamp, improve, do anything to support us with running a large group.  As of this date....nothing, zip, zilch.   We can't do anything like we could in the old group, believe me we've tried.   We can do everything in the facebook group that we could in the old group.  We can archive, file documents, hold polls, start events...all of this and it costs nothing but our time.  You seem to think that we are attacking you personally and nothing is further than the truth.  We have worked hard to keep the integrity of the old group intact, whether you choose to believe that or not.  We have over 1000 members and many many active weekly in the group....there is less than a handful active here.  We are willing to work with any person that is new to facebook to help them transition.  All you need is a facebook account.  Set your settings so tight that no one can see it (hell I don't even let the public see who my friends are)   The facebook group is set to "private" so non members can't see your posts (which is more private than it is here) and we screen members to that you are not faced with spam or trolls.    I don't really understand the anger.

my blog
Message 18 of 43
latest reply

For heaven's sake, Leola, get a grip.  I in no way downgraded Joy.  I said she is keeping this eBay group going and could use support.  I know you are not a moderator and nothing was directed at you personally except this message.  Why on earth were you the one to even post such a cold rejection notice in the first place?  Perhaps I am a famous person, lets say that using my real name on FB would ruin my privacy.  I'm just saying, let's say.  There are numerous reasons why real names make public could make lives miserable.  Ever been stalked?

For one of a number of personal reasons, I simply can not use my real name online and that's that.   I tried registering with my pen name and was rejected.  Why do you suppose others won't jonin FB?  And how come NFAC doesn't give a hoot about my being a FB member?  I can have themes   emailed to me or I can visit their free blog site.  What's all the silly fuss about with the ACEO TW business?  I never cheated.  And in fact contributed many ideas that are now used. 

I'm sorry you had to be the one to post this string in the first place but what's done is done and what about free speech and all of that?  Everyone knows what a fine artist you are and somehow it just doesn't seem right that you started this string.  I'm sorry if you were hurt.

I'm still an ACEO member.  I'd like to be treated with respect also and be "allowed" to enter theme weeks.  This string here pulled the rug right out from under me in a very cruel way.  Perhaps you might understand if it were you. Oh, I'm sure you would.

Thea

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

FYI:  Ask Joy if I have not thanked her in all our correspondants such as emailing in when emailing my  tw choices.  I alswys thanked her for her hard work.  Please don't pass judgement on me that way. 

Message 20 of 43
latest reply

I was an administrator of this group long before the facebook group.  I did not draw the short straw to post here.  I am the one that started the facebook site because we were worried we were going to lose this group and before I saw that happen I opened the group.  

There are ways around the name thing on facebook.  Many many use and alias for personal reasons..I could name some in the group but won't...talk to facebook about a do around or just open an account.

as for NFAC, (the longest running art contest on eBay)  They are a different group, different rules and different admins.  We promote and support NFAC with their blessing..not sure why they are even mentioned in  your post.

I don't understand why you think Thea, why you are being singled out.  You are not.  Your past contributions are noted and appreciated.  We wish that you would continue to do so at the facebook site.

No one tried to be cruel to you.....I am direct and to the point.  I do not pussyfoot around issues, but you are making this personal and it's not.   I don't know you, and I have no grudge against you.

The invitation still stands to everyone here.  I will help any who require assistance.

my blog
Message 21 of 43
latest reply

Nope!  A do around is not possible for me.  I belong to groups other than eBay art groups.  Most all, have moved to FB and all allow me to partcipate through a simple email or blog.  Why can't you simply email me a one time list of themes?  Surely that would not destroy the ingegrity (as you say) of your group.  You're being just plain silly about the whole affair.  I used to think artists were a different/higher  brand of human being.

Thea

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

As I was reading this, I thought, ok, maybe we can work this out with an email and then you attacked me personally again.  Think I'm silly?  Actually I'm "done".

my blog
Message 23 of 43
latest reply

I don't use my real name on facebook - my last name is not Ludy 🙂 Hope this helps.

Lucy
Message 24 of 43
latest reply

Whoa! So now I'm being punished?

Well, it was silly.  I'd rather be silly than a lot of other things.  I like silliness.  Much of my art is silly.  Silly is not bad.  People make livings being silly. 

Suit yourself. 

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

Oh, come on, Leola; you can't really think I attacked you?  Wouldn't you be rattled in my shoes, too?  I don't understand how such a talented artist as you can take all of this seriously.  artist to artist, I want to have the right to enter ACEO TW contests if the theme interests me.  I make ACEO's all the time.  I just want the themes to challange me.  Off of FB.  Besides reasons given, FB actually gives me the creeps.  That is not meant as an attack on anyone.  Just my humble opinkon.

Thea Smith Artist

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

I intend to be helpful to you as a friend. Your Feb. ebay Collection is not appearing as it should to viewers other then yourself. Try looking at your ebay profile without logging in as yourself. Then you will see what everyone else is seeing.

Kindest Regards,

Dianne

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

Hello, everyone,

I’m fairly new here but have been enjoying participating in ACEO Theme Week when I can. I’m sorry to see it become Facebook exclusive, but I understand that choice is the right of the admin volunteers. Thank you, it’s been fun while it lasted. If the admins ever decide to include again those of us who are not using Facebook, please do let us know.

Thank you and best wishes for your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

Please check your private messages above.
Thanks, Thea
Message 29 of 43
latest reply

I think people are grieving over the loss of this group. Too bad to hear that Ebay has not extended help to group management.

I think we owe gratitute to the people who have managed this ACEO community group with their volunteer time and who also figured out they needed to transition to the new FB group.

I belong to several art forums that are enjoyable and have contests and challenge you to become a better artist.

I admit I am having trouble understanding some of the rules etc on new ACEO FB group but hope to get caught up. It's easy to start an FB account and hope all of you can find a way over there.

Love Watercolor!
Message 30 of 43
latest reply