cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPIC IDEAS FOR SEP-DEC '13

Hi everyone! It's time to select TW topics for the last few months of the year 2013.

We will first ask you for topic ideas (in this thread), and then narrow them down to 10 possible topics per month, to be voted on by poll.

Planned timeline (give or take a few days):

• Topic ideas requested in the group: from now until August 15
  • List of topics narrowed down and polls posted: August 17
  • Voting until August 31

Please jot down up to 3 topic ideas per month for OCTOBER, NOVEMBER and DECEMBER 2013.

We will be looking for popular topics (so don't hesitate to repeat or refine what others have suggested). We want to encourage originality while at the same time leaving enough room for various interpretations of the theme. So put on your thinking caps and post your suggestions below!

Please copy/paste the template below and replace X, Y, Z with your topics

OCTOBER: X, Y, Z

NOVEMBER: X, Y, Z

DECEMBER: X, Y, Z

Thanks, everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing what inspiring topics you'll think of! 🙂

P.S. remember, the September TW topic is "Starry Night" since August was cancelled.

Isa
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: TOPIC IDEAS FOR SEP-DEC '13

OCTOBER: Pumpkins - Harvest - Autumn

NOVEMBER: Thanks - Leaves - Winter Coats

DECEMBER: Holly - Let it Snow - Gifts

deborah4325
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

OCTOBER: Top of the World, Harvest Moon, Antarctica, 

NOVEMBER:  Pardoned Turkey,  Visitor,  Vegetables

DECEMBER:  Ice,  Sleepy Time, Gift Wrap

Thea 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

October : Pumpkins, Cats, ...uhm....more pumpkins?

November: Botanical, autumn landscapes, something we're thankful for

December: Crystal, winter or cold climate animals, candles and fireplaces

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I will post the polls soon and will let you know where to vote...

Isa

Isa
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I have set-up a poll to vote on topics for October through December theme week topics! It's on Survey Monkey and there is no need to join anything - just follow this link and choose a topic per month!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T8QLN6S

The poll will be open until August 31, and I will announce the results here.

Thanks everyone!

Isa

Isa
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

October - Scary Monsters

November - Turkey or the first Thanksgiving

December - Movie Stars

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Hi Isa,

I know this isn't the right thread but I am at a loss here.  This is so confusing.  I see on Ebay some listings for a penny sale for this week and it looks like our group.  I can't seem to find the instructions anywhere for this little fun end of summer sale.  Can you direct me or explain what it is about.  

I have voted for the TW for the rest of the year and ran across that by chance.

As I am not on Facebook I would like to be able to navigate through this as I did before .  

I haven't gotten any emails  like I use to to announce topics of events. Hope I am not the only one having so much trouble.

HELP

Cathie

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Well I did figure it out and now see that it is a face book sale. Check out a listing and found the info in the description . Still wondering about emails.
Cathie
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi Cathie,

Sorry about the confusion! With the eBay group changes we have lost the ability to send emails to the whole group, along wiht many of the other features (polls, calendar, announcements, photo albums, etc.). So the group has pretty much moved to the Facebook group, mostly run by Leola (Southshoreartist on eBay) and Cheryl (Julesststudio).  I am still running theme weeks. There has been very little activity back here, but I try to include theme week-related posts in here as well as in the Facebook group. The Pennyfest delveloped over in  Facebook and I didn't think of reposting it here, my bad!

If you want to participate in the Pennyfest, the rules are simple: list an ACEO at a starting price of 0.01 with "Pennyfest" and/or "PAF" in the title and make sure it ends on Sunday, September 1st (it's still possible to list today (Thursday) with a 3-day auction or Saturday with a 1-day auction). If this activity is successful it may be repeated in the future and I'll try to repost here to keep everyone in the loop.

Isa
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Isa,
I'll try and get one in tonight.
Really appreciate your communication.
Cathie
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

been away for a while -

here's my thoughts about the next TW themes

OCTOBER: things that go bump in the night, creature feature, the spider and the fly

NOVEMBER: pot luck, cornucopia, what are you thankful for?

DECEMBER: white-out, snow-day, deck the halls

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for your thoughts! We already voted on topics and here are the upcoming topics (they were posted on another thread):

OCTOBER: Pumpkins

NOVEMBER: Native American art

DECEMBER: All that glitters

I hope you can join us for theme weeks!

By the way, if you are on Facebook, please visit our sister group there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

Isa
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Okay so where do I join this group or ect. I sell aceo's and would love to do the Oct and ect images. Thanks for being here with the group.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi 4salegoods, it looks like you are already in the group, so if you want to enter the next theme week all you need to do is to create an ACEO based on the "Pumpkin" topic and list it on eBay on October 1st with keywords "ACEO TW OCT" in the title (so the entry can be found by members). Complete rules are here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/groups/groupmessagepage/board-id/g-100001533/message-id/105374

If you have a Facebook account, you can also ask to join our sister Facebook group, where there are active discussions on ACEO-related topics (and a lot of chat!): https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

Isa
Message 15 of 15
latest reply