cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring Swap

We have been doing 4 Swaps a year, one for each season. Today is the start of our Spring Swap. This one is going to be different then our normal swaps. Its simple and easy to do. You may sign up only 2 times and this will be a direct swap with the person who is your partner. We had a suggestion from  Lisa awhile back on an idea she had, so we are going to incorporate it in this swap. when you are given your partners name you will send them a ACEO that you have not finished. It could be one you started and just couldn't figure out how to finish, or you can start one and leave it unfinished. You will send this ACEO to your partner who in turn will send you one of theirs. When they are done everyone can post them to see the results.

1.Post your name and email address in this thread

2.Swap is open from 5-7-13 to 5-17-13 at which time it will be locked

3.On 5-18-13 list of partners will be posted

Do not sign up if you can not follow through.

Reality was once someone's dream.
Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Spring Swap

Wow.....aren't you guys supposed to be sending partials?  Add a harness to it Bev LOL

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 31 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

belle-o-wishes
Enthusiast

Thanks Flags!   I am bummed.  I hope you don't get barred from the next one for the whole unfinished ACEO thingy.  🙂  See ya next time. 

Joy

Message 32 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

belle-o-wishes
Enthusiast

Didn't realize I was signed into my other account.  Thanks Flags.  😉

Message 33 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

Joy, it's a shame you are bummed about not getting in the swap. Rules are in place for a reason. I do not appreciate your sarcasm in speaking to Bev, we try to keep this a fun upbeat place. IF you can not make positive comments then please refrain from making any, it does not help anyone else but only makes  the person  making them look petty . There was one rule stated in RED at the start of the thread that said your name and email was to be included. That was necessary, we have had to many problems with people not getting hold of their partners due to lack of emails.Since I have been running the swaps it takes a lot of time to get  everyone's problems straightened out.Being a Mod is not a paid job, takes a lot of time and since there are only 3 of us it can be stressful. Plus we have other things going on as well. 

Reality was once someone's dream.
Message 34 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

topgorgon
Enthusiast

Nerdy Frog Prince - Betsy made the Frog, I added the prince. 🙂

I was very tempted not to do anything to this card. It was a lovely image on it's own.

Thanks for Letting me participate. Looking forward to making more SWAPS in the

future.

Jezli Pacheco - jezli@yahoo.com

Media: Pen&Ink & Watercolor pencils on Canson Mixed Media Paper

Betsy Mohr & Jezli Pacheco - ACEO Collaboration Spring SWAP 2013

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life.
Not so much by what happens to you, as by the way your mind looks at what happens. - Khalil Gibran ~ Poet
Message 35 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

awesome...and I just love the person going to give him a big smooch!!!!

my blog
Message 36 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

Just got three amazing little unfinished pieces in the mail from Rebecca. I have some ideas for two of them right out of the gate.....the third though.... ill get there.

I feel bad I only sent you one 😞

This Event reminds me of an exercise in Elementary school Art class where the teacher gave out a ditto with a funny shape - or series of shapes on it, and you had to turn it into a picture and tell a story about it.....

Great fun - Exercise that creativity muscle.

Message 37 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

topgorgon
Enthusiast

thanks. the image was perfect. when I saw it the first thing I thought of was the frog prince. I was done with it within 1hour lol. It was a great exercise.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life.
Not so much by what happens to you, as by the way your mind looks at what happens. - Khalil Gibran ~ Poet
Message 38 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

You did a great job with the frog!  I have not finished with yours yet, but I will post it soon.

Message 39 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

I tried to load the image of our before & after swap.  I can select it & click add, but nothing happens.  the image is only 116KB 1438x525.  I am not sure why it won't load.  I also tried loading into a photo album, but it says I have reached my maximum.  I had that problem before, but I deleted all my photos in my album a few months ago.  I don't understand why I have that restriction.  can I email the photo to some one & maybe they can post it?  X-(

-- Edited by tgif17 at 05/24/2013 1:10 PM PDT

-- Edited by tgif17 at 05/24/2013 1:16 PM PDT
Message 40 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

These are probably basic instructions -- you already know --- but here goes for others:

1.)  Hit the "reply" - opens window

2.)  Then hit the envelope on the bar next to the happy face --Opens new screen

3.)  Then choose the tab  at top "My computer"

Choose file -- then hit  "add" button at bottom.

Uploading for here works better if the size is 1000 pixels on largest size.

I usually make it 300 pixels/inch and then size to make largest side 1000 pixels.  And I save it as  "Picture Name Small"

*** Although if listing on Ebay it needs to be 1500 on smallest side.

Message 41 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

That's exactly what I do.  The picture next to the smiley face looks like a landscape.  I tried once more & I am able to click the add button, but after I do nothing happens.  So I pressed it again. The button even changes in hue when it's depressed, but then nothing happens.  So is there a moderator who can fix this issue so I can post a picture somewhere?  Is there some kind of restriction on my account that bans me from uploading pictures?  Should I be contacting ebay for help?

Message 42 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

ceramixbybetsy
Enthusiast

This is tgif17,  I made a new account with ebay & was able to load the images into a photo album titled SPRING SWAP.  feel free to add your photos to the album.   There is a before & after. 

-Betsy

Message 43 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

topgorgon
Enthusiast

I saved a copy of yours Betsy. Here it is. LOVE it. 🙂

Message 44 of 75
latest reply

Spring Swap

Betsy, not sure why your are having problems loading photos under your old id, but some of us have found that using IE as the browser is not working for us at all.  I( have switched to Chrome and haven't had any other problems. (so far)  With technical problems (uploading photos etc) it is best to contact eBay, and we (the mods) are limited to what we can do.  If you have anymore problmes I would be happy to post the photos here for you.

my blog
Message 45 of 75
latest reply