cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2013 theme week (TW) ~ FISH! ~ WINNERS~

Hi everyone! Please join us in our theme week (TW) contest! The June 2013 TW topic is "Fish".

Create an ACEO inspired by this month's topic and list it on eBay on June 1st with ACEO TW JUN in your title. The listing should last up to 7 days.

Group members are invited to nominate their favorite ACEO's among the entries, and winners will be selected by polls (see below for more details).

To spread the word about TW, please include the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description:
This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group here on eBay. The contest takes place the first week of each month. To view other listings, click here: http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW

Group members are invited to nominate their favorite ACEO's among the entries, and winners will be selected by polls (see below for more details).

Contest rules:

ACEO theme week (TW) is a fun group competition where group members can win a jpeg “award” certificate to use in future auctions or web sites! Starting in July 2010, only "People’s Choice” and “Most Unique Interpretation” prizes and “Honorable mentions” will be awarded. As these awards are based on votes in a group poll, the art should speak for itself and there will no longer be any restriction on the starting price, shipping cost or listing upgrades. We hope this will encourage more members to participate!

The TOPIC is different every month. See announcements or the group calendar for current month's theme.

How to enter:

* Create an ORIGINAL ACEO (2.5” x 3.5” art card, any medium)
inspired by this month’s TOPIC. “Original” means not a print, unless the ACEO is an original photo or digital artwork, or artwork created using an etching technique such as lithography.

* List an eBay auction on the 1st of the month with a photo or scan of your completed ACEO. Put “ACEO TW _______” in the title (fill in ______ with the current month’s 3-letter abbreviation, i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec). This allows us to find your entries on eBay.

* Listing of your ACEO MUST BEGIN on the 1st of the month (by the eBay US official time - between 12:00:01 AM and 11:59:59 PM Pacific time, or GMT-7), unless otherwise specified.

~ You can view the official eBay time at: http://viv.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime

* Auction duration must be 7 days or less. If you relist a TW ACEO later on, please remove "TW" from your title so there is no confusion about what ACEO's are for the current theme week.

* Please paste the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description to promote theme week ACEO's.

This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group here on eBay. The contest takes place the first week of each month. To view other listings, click here: http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW

Also consider mentioning the contest and posting images of your entries in your blogs/social networking sites, like for instance our siter Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715). If we all do this, we will all benefit from increased exposure of our artwork to potential buyers.

* Each auction can only be for a single ACEO, but you may list as many auctions as you want.

* Starting price and shipping costs are now open!

* Listing upgrades such as bold, highlight, subtitles, featured, charity listing etc are now allowed.

* You are strongly encouraged to post a link to your listing and/or an image of your ACEO in the theme week thread (right here!) to help other members find your entry.

How prizes are awarded: This is a 3-step process:

1. Nominations for "People’s Choice" and "Most Unique Interpretation" awards will be accepted by any and all members of the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group between the 2nd and the 10th of the month, or as specified each month.

* We ask that you nominate the ACEO’s based on the art itself - what is truly inspiring to you - and not on the popularity of the artist or private discussions or alliances among members.

Nominations can either be done by posting your choices for each prize category in this thread or, if you prefer, by sending an email to aceovotes@gmail.com specifying your ebay ID and the name and item number of each nominated piece.
One nomination per category, per member (self-nominations will not be accepted).

2. On or around the 10th of the month, a group poll for each of the categories will be set up
by a member of the ACEO Activities and Events Committee (AAEC) based on the number of nominations each ACEO has garnered. Up to 10 artists will be selected for each of the two award categories. Each artist can only have one ACEO nominated per category. If more than 10 ACEO’s are nominated for a given award, or if two or more are from the same artist, ACEO’s will be selected first based on the number of times they were nominated and second based on which nominations were made the earliest. Nomination decisions will be at the discretion of the AAEC members, which will strive to keep the contest fair for everyone.

3. The polls will close by the 15th of the month (or as specified)
, at which point the winners will be announced. There will be a minimum of four awards: "People’s Choice Award", "Most Unique Interpretation Award" and two "Honorable Mentions" (awarded to the runners-up in each poll).

In case of a tie in the polls, the corresponding prize will be awarded to each tied participant.

Winners will be asked to contact a member of the AAEC to request their Jpeg awards.

We hope you will join in for theme week! Also, we love it when you post pictures of your topic-inspired ACEO's in this thread ~ and chat away!

This Month's theme (JUN 2013) is "Fish". Remember to use ACEO TW JUN in your title.

Happy creating! 🙂

Isa
Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Re: June 2013 theme week (TW) ~ FISH!

How can I delete this post right here? i'm terrible at pc work ^-^

-- Edited by fancy-fairytale-world at 06/01/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Fantasy, Surreal and Period Inspired artist
Message 31 of 109
latest reply

Here is my entry "Fancy Guppies" This is my very first time entering the theme week. 🙂

-- Edited by cndartanddesign at 06/01/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Message 32 of 109
latest reply

Thanks, Bev, for your help!  I'm doing it just as you suggested but yours seem clearer!  

And may I say, I like your entries, Bev, and I especially enjoy your canoe scene, it is so peaceful and nicely done!  Brings back good memories of canoe fishing up in the Boundary Waters.

🙂

jill
Message 33 of 109
latest reply

OK, Here's one for me:

"How the Fish Got Their Colours"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221235097340#ht_1934wt_1141

jill
Message 34 of 109
latest reply

Wow, some more great entries since I last took a look... fantastic work, everyone!

cndartanddesign, welcome to theme week. Great ACEO's!

Hi Jill! I agree with you, the images posted using the photo icon do tend to be fuzzy. I get better results with the html method (this is what I use to post the nominations and winner images each month). If you have your photos hosted online somewhere (even the photo from the eBay listing) you can use the url with the img src html code. I uploaded a document in this group with step-by-step instructions and screenshots showing how to do it: http://groups.ebay.com/forum/Aceo-Art-Cards/Document-Files/1500032487 ("How to post a photo in a thread - 2013 update")

I hope this helps! Lovely painting, by the way! 🙂

Isa
Message 35 of 109
latest reply

Message 36 of 109
latest reply

Well, no TW with fish would be complete without the bane of all swimmers..... titled:  "Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Get In..."

Sherry, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Message 37 of 109
latest reply

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161038102228  Here is my June TW entry 

-- Edited by goodbooknook at 06/01/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Message 38 of 109
latest reply

Here are my two entries:  Fancy Fish and Mike's Fish,  Woodburning and acrylics on wood veneer.

Susan
http://stores.ebay.com/Beaks-And-Beacons
Message 39 of 109
latest reply

Here is my entry: "Bottom Dweller"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321136512580

Thanks for looking!

Isa
Message 40 of 109
latest reply

My entry for TW! Listed it yesterday and forgot to post it here...

titled "Fishin' the White Oak"

Message 42 of 109
latest reply

These interpretations are INCREDIBLE!!!

jill
Message 43 of 109
latest reply

Isa, thanks SOO much for the tip and directions, will give it a try!!

jill
Message 44 of 109
latest reply

Isa, your directions are excellent - what a helpful post, complete with screen shots!

I did run into some difficulties - tried to link to my listing image, tried this with both Google Chrome and Safari.

When I click on the listing front page image, javascript prevents me from obtaining the image URL.

When I click on the image to zoom, I can obtain that URL and the link works here, but it is waay too large for posting here.

I created a second image to match the posting requirement of 580 width, and uploaded that to my listing, but it is too small to meet eBay's listing requirements (I'm pretty sure will be displayed fuzzy in the listing).

What am I missing?  You'd think someone who used to write her own HTML could do this.

😛

???

Wondering if my best bet would be to get back into working with HTML (didn't really feel like getting my head around that just now) and host the image myself???

Think I'll have to go to Dunn Bros and get some espresso first though! LOL

🙂

jill
Message 45 of 109
latest reply