cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for our new look

I know I am confused with this new look and the changes. If anyone needs some help feel free to ask in here and together we all might be able to help each other.

Reality was once someone's dream.
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Help for our new look

:^O

Jean Moore
Message 46 of 62
latest reply

OMG!!! I just found out how to post with html. We aren't limited to just two attachments. Hit the tiny, tiny HTML just to the left of the smily-face and quote, and we can post like we used to. WOOHOO!!

Jean Moore
Message 47 of 62
latest reply

I forgot to mention in post #42 that you can link your image to your auction too. Same process just have to select the image you attached instead of a word.

Jean Moore
Message 48 of 62
latest reply

Wow! What a trip!  I come back in here & somebody's wallpapered the whole darn place!  ok....trhis will only take me about a year to figure out!:^O

~Sue 🙂
my listings!http://stores.ebay.com/Wild-Watercolors-Art-Gallery_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
Message 49 of 62
latest reply

Awesome discovery about the HTML Jean. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I ever would have found that link given the font size of -3 pt. Good grief.

Kathy
Message 50 of 62
latest reply

Okay, just an observation. Even though it appears that the "tacking" feature isn't working, I think it is, but the thumb tack icon isn't showing for some reason. I've got my page switched back to 24 threads per page, and everything is still in the same basic order that it was before. Nothing is moving around, which makes me think that threads ARE tacked.

For example, when I post in the "First Word That Comes To Mind" thread (an untacked thread), it doesn't move up to the top of the page, past the threads that were previously tacked. That tells me that the upper threads are still tacked, and new threads that have been tacked are also sticking. If you mark a thread tacked, it is. The problem is that the icons aren't showing up.

Kathy
Message 51 of 62
latest reply

Yes the tacking is working. I noticed last night that the orange, 1/2 orange, or no orange indicates if you have read the thread. Full orange I believe means it was posted more than 24 hr. ago; 1/2 posted that day; nocolor you've read the thread. 😃
Jean Moore
Message 52 of 62
latest reply

I am starting to understand the new look but its been tough to learn:(

Message 53 of 62
latest reply

I'm finally figuring it out too, and I can't say as I like some of it. I like being able to attach a picture and change my font and color, but I don't like having automatic spell check, cause I need it. I don't like the way they have the topics set up and a few other things, but I guess we will get use to it in time.

Message 54 of 62
latest reply

Yes eventually I guess. 🙂

Jean Moore
Message 55 of 62
latest reply

Wow! 😮

I've been gone for a while, and I come back and can't figure anything out!

I've gone through all the posts in this thread trying to get caught up, but I have a number of questions. I hope people will take the time to look through and answer what they can.

1) what does it mean to "tack" something? I've never heard that term before.

2) what does it mean to "link" something? I think I have seen links, but I am not sure how or why they would be used here.

3) one of the posts talks about choosing an image size and says "below the place where you upload your picture you get 3 choices to image size." Where is that? How do you get there?

4) there is a lot of talk about attaching things. Why would you attach something instead of just showing it directly in a posting?

I have more, but lets see if this even posts right first.

By the way, HI ALL! I hope to get active again!

Patti

Message 56 of 62
latest reply

Okay,

I think that one worked out, so here's somemore:

a) is there a place where someone is just listing the new things that work? Not a chat, but a list people can read through?

b) HERE IS MY BIGGEST QUESTION - I read the "How to post a photo in a thread", printed it out and tried every combination I could think of and couldn't get it to work. Has anyone checked that? Is it still correct? And what could I be doing wrong?

And which number do you copy? There is one at the top and one I think listed as the URL.

Now, just some general info some might find interesting. I finally got ahold of someone at eBay and they said "My Groups" is no longer showed on My Ebay pages. You have to go to a seperate site - called eBay Groups, log in separately, then find your groups. Then you have to be careful to click on things under "My Groups" and not eBay Groups.

Someone talked about the posts being jumpy. Not only is it jumpy while you are trying to post, but I copied the entire discussion to a Word ducoment to edit and print out and the whole time I was working on it ON MY DESKTOP it kept jumping around like a ghost had the controls!

I think I want to try eBay again. But, boy they aren't making it easy! ;\

Patti

Message 57 of 62
latest reply

patti, to sort of answer your questions,'

a) is there a place where someone is just listing the new things that work? Not a chat, but a list people can read through?

Nothing that I know of

b) HERE IS MY BIGGEST QUESTION - I read the "How to post a photo in a thread", printed it out and tried every combination I could think of and couldn't get it to work. Has anyone checked that? Is it still correct? And what could I be doing wrong?

I think we are going to have to update that cause I am sure it doesn't work any more. The easiest way to post a picture in here is to click on the paperclip and attach the picture, the best size is the large or even medium, but the small is to tiny.

And which number do you copy? There is one at the top and one I think listed as the URL.

I'm not sure what your talking about on the number thing. The best thing to do is just click on stuff and play around, you can always edit your post if it isn't what you want. The more you play with it the easier it gets. I don't really care for a lot of the new stuff but we have to learn to live with it. You mentioned tacking  in your first post. When a mod wants a subject to stay at the top of the list because it's important that is called tacking it. You used to see an image of a thumb tack on the topic, but it doesn't show any more.

If you have any more questions just ask. Someone will have an answer.

Message 58 of 62
latest reply

Here's something on inserting images. I don't know why I didn't see this before. I think we've all discovered the attachment feature, BUT, if you want to do it the old fashioned way, just click on the little square icon that's in between the smiley and the paper clip (I think the image is supposed to be a little tree). It allows you to enter the URL of an image that is hosted elsewhere.

This is what the pop-up window looks like. I tried it with this this screen capture, and it worked beautifully.

Kathy
Message 59 of 62
latest reply

Patti, finding "My Groups" is easy. Up at top of the page, on the right hand side, there are four categories:

My Ebay | Sell | Community | Customer Support

Place your cursor over Community, and you'll get a pull down menu. The last option is "groups." That will take you to the main groups page. You'll find a column on the left hand side that says "My Groups." Your groups should be there. 🙂

Kathy
Message 60 of 62
latest reply