cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big question on ACEO Pricing...

Hi! I have came a long way since starting selling ACEOs on eBay...I remember selling my 1st one for .99 cents! Then I moved my starting price to $3.99 and then $4.99 and finally to $5.99. I am trying to figure out if I should leave my auctions at that for a starting price or what to start my work out on...As it is I ship for free and my winning totals minus ebay and paypal fees plus shipping fees leave me a little...I was wondering if that would be a good or bad thing and could someone please explaing their views on ebay stores..I am considering one... Thanks!
Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Never list your art at a price that you will be upset over if it sells at that price. ~Jillian
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2 of 83
latest reply

Does anyone else include Certificates of Authenticity with their ACEOs?
Message 3 of 83
latest reply

Yes, always.
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 4 of 83
latest reply

I send full size COAs...do you or are they small?
Message 5 of 83
latest reply

photosbyrose4u
Enthusiast
Hi! I have an acid-free sticker that I put right on the back of them with signature,series # and issue #, and sleeve them in an archival sleeve for storing.
Rose
Message 6 of 83
latest reply

I do them on 4x6" index cards.
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 7 of 83
latest reply

I don't send COA with my original paintings - I write on the back the following information: Title of the painting original acrylic ACEO copyright symbol/date by Sue Peeler my handwritten signature I figure if that doesn't establish authenticity, a printed COA won't either. I may include a COA with any prints I do (or may not, if I write all the above info on the back of each one, including what number that print is). I may not do limited editions - in which case I WILL number each print as I print it (assuming I'm doing them 1 at a time) - I doubt if I'd ever even do 10 of a particular image over my lifetime - but I'd like people to have that much individuality in their print. Sue
Message 8 of 83
latest reply

I write on the back TITLE MEDIUM DATE My Signature Original 1/1 And I do a design on the back. As well as a full size COA on Matte Photo paper..I'm weird.. I know... I am still debating on a store. So far..Knock on wood...All that I've listed has been selling.
Message 9 of 83
latest reply

I've decided my lowest starting price for aceos is $5.50 & will raise it as my skill increases. I send coa's same size as my aceos. I print out a small photo of the artwork & glue it to the coa w/ archival glue.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Blog

MySpace

Art Reference Photos Gallery My art reference photos are free to use anyway you want, no permission required.
Message 10 of 83
latest reply

Here is what my coa looks like...I created it in MS Publisher Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Blog

MySpace

Art Reference Photos Gallery My art reference photos are free to use anyway you want, no permission required.
Message 11 of 83
latest reply

I have a sticker on mine as some have mentioned above. The COA is nice....but if you don't have a color printer.... mine only prints black ink. Lynda
Message 12 of 83
latest reply

when I was out of color ink, I have printed out a bw print on regular paper & glued it on....rather than not send one....I think as long as the print is of the artwork it might not matter if it is bw I set up the coa on an avery template for business cards....I print out a whole page at a time (10) then cut them apart & use as needed. I handwrite the info. Feel free to use mine, just change the name to your name.

My Blog

MySpace

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

artbylb3
Enthusiast
The name of the art card is written on the back with the artist signature and date. Lawrence Boos starts all of his Art Cards at 9.99. -Dalia
Message 14 of 83
latest reply

pricing...???....I took the leap and just raised my price a dollar....little steps... Lynda
Message 15 of 83
latest reply