cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

I thought I'd present the idea of coming up with an acronym that we could use in the Trading Card auctions to quickly identify the cards in a search. Some ideas: ATC - probably not a good one, as it pulls up well over 2,000 auctions. ACTS pulls up over 400. Not only that - but I'm hoping that people don't confuse these cards with "Artist Trading Cards" that are created only to be traded with other artists. ACTC - Art Collector Trading Cards - brings up only 1 other auction currently. Not real catchy.... ATCC - Art Trading Collector Cards - currently 6 auctions when searching this one. CATC - Collectible Art Trading Cards - Sounds a bit better. 4 auctions came up. What do you all think? Someone come up with some more! Something catchy, not too long that captures what we are doing here.
BoneD
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

artbygail
Enthusiast
PAC - Promo art cards
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

Gaylia.....almost 3,000 auctions came up with that one. It's catchy though! How 'bout PATC? Promo Art Trading Cards?
BoneD
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

This doesn't need to contain the words "art, cards, trading...etc." We could come up with something completely different and clever that people could identify (search) with - and still use those keywords in the auction title. ???
BoneD
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

eclectic*arts
Enthusiast
I like CATC. It describes it very well, sounds good and is easy to remember.
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

fullwoodcreek
Enthusiast
I like CATC too PAC Pocket Art Collectibles CAC Card Art Collectibles CPA Collectible Pocket Art CPAC Collectible Pocket Art Cards PAC Pocket Art Cards CCA Collectible Card Art
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

kerobinsonart
Enthusiast
How about Original Art Card , OAC ? The less letters the better. We still need the keyword space to describe the art even though they are cards. Original means an original design by the artist. Not a reproduction of another artist's work. KarenRob.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

niniartsstudio
Enthusiast
I like OAC... Original Art Card sounds great too! Carol
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

kerobinsonart
Enthusiast
I like the idea of having our own acronym to narrow the search. I feel that we should still use ATC in the description though for collectors that will accidently run across our auctions using a term that is widely used. I'm so glad you thought of this BoneDiva! Karen.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

fullwoodcreek
Enthusiast
yeah OAC sounds cool!
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

artbygail
Enthusiast
Since I sell miniature prints, miniature originals, large originals and now the trading cards, I find that the acronym OAC (Original art cards) would confuse the buyer between originals and prints. I feel maybe CCA Collectible Card Art, might be more suitable, or possibly CAC, Collectible Art Cards. This would cover all categories with maybe less confusion.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

artbygail
Enthusiast
Something else to think about......what about keeping the word "trading" in the letters? Something like CTC, Collectible Trading Cards. If we leave out the word "trading" then this could possibly open wide the category to all makes and sizes of cards.
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

Alright - we really DO need an acronym. Some of us have our cards up, but there is no real way to search these out right now.....so....I'll put a poll up with some choices to vote on. Fullwood - I love some of your suggestions. "Pocket" is a clever and catchy descriptive word . CPA would be GREAT - but there are 180 listings that pop up when searching. PAC brings up over 2000 auctions. How about PATC - Pocket Art Trading Cards? CPATC - longer.... CPAC - Collectible Pocket Art Cards Sorry - I'm thinking out loud here.... We could drop "collectible" - because that's sort of a given. Or....we could drop "Trading" - and put in collectible, but I think we need one or the other. PACC Pocket Art Collectible Cards Ok...I'm driving myself CRAZY! I'll post a poll with a bunch of these....PLEASE vote! I know it would be nice to keep it down to 3 letters - but we've got to narrow the search down enough so that people don't have to sift through hundreds of auctions. Carol - great suggestion, but I too think it might confuse people. They might think that each one is an original.
BoneD
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

MIYP.....Masterpiece in Your Pocket? This doesn't include Trading or Collectible......do we need them? MIMP - Masterpiece in MY pocket? AIMP - Art in my Pocket?
BoneD
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Art Card ACRONYM.....?

artbygail
Enthusiast
Good suggestions, but to my way of thinking, any of them would leave it open to all kinds of art going into those categories, maybe even crafts. I think our trading cards would get lost without the words "trading cards" in the acronym. Also, since we want to list them in the.... Collectibles- trading cards-other non sports.... category, shouldn't they have the words "trading cards" in the acronym? PTCC, pocket trading card collectibles, or PCTC, Pocket collectible trading cards. Whatcha think?
Message 15 of 26
latest reply