cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

maddog1273
Adventurer
I just sold a few items and noticed eBay took 12% of my total....Plus PayPal (Who is owned by eBay) took another 3%......
This is ridiculous!!!!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Is there any way to get these fees lowered for future listings. Like starting a store OR am I doing something wrong????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
Message 1 of 438
latest reply
437 REPLIES 437

Yes they are.  I just started selling again after 8 years off and found with increased shipping costs as well as almost $1 charge per $5 profit on ebay it is no longer worth my time to sell my kids itesm on ebay.  😞 Bummer.

Message 376 of 438
latest reply

Hey finale value fee on the sale, then finale fee on papal then finale value fee on shipping charges, then super high listing fees (without a store) after your 50 freebees or then store subscription fees on top all fees  then listing fees once the store freebees have been used. Never mind all the glitches and ebays calls for help  for cases non pays and returns.. So ebay take peoples tiny finale value fee discount away cause they dont want a 30 day return policy, Hey apple has a 14 day return policy but ebay likes a 30 day return policy. Dealing with this also  and dont like much anymore cause its getting to hard to make moneyand the agravation is sky high.

Message 377 of 438
latest reply

Don't like eBay Fees = Don't list on Ebay...

Wow...    that was really hard to figure out.

Message 378 of 438
latest reply

ETSY  WAY AHEAD OF YA

Message 379 of 438
latest reply

You're such a genius 😀

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 380 of 438
latest reply

@gunslingergirl77 wrote:

Hey finale value fee on the sale, then finale fee on papal then finale value fee on shipping charges, then super high listing fees (without a store) after your 50 freebees or then store subscription fees on top all fees  then listing fees once the store freebees have been used. Never mind all the glitches and ebays calls for help  for cases non pays and returns.. So ebay take peoples tiny finale value fee discount away cause they dont want a 30 day return policy, Hey apple has a 14 day return policy but ebay likes a 30 day return policy. Dealing with this also  and dont like much anymore cause its getting to hard to make moneyand the agravation is sky high.

If I had a 12% sell rate, I'd be looking at that first.

Message 381 of 438
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 382 of 438
latest reply

Thanks dog!
Message 383 of 438
latest reply

That Is so right! Smart person!!!
Message 384 of 438
latest reply

Sorry, no suggestions just feel the same way.  It's ridiculous.  To add insult to injury, the lost money on the shipping and they also charged me a fee on the shipping that the seller gave me!  Not the selling, but the shipping cost!  It's sad, I'm done selling here.  They are becoming Ticketmaster.  Anyone have a new site that is more resonable?

Message 385 of 438
latest reply

Huh?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 386 of 438
latest reply

Don't like it... don't list, it's really pretty **bleeping** simple.

Message 387 of 438
latest reply

@nachob wrote:

To add insult to injury, the lost money on the shipping and they also charged me a fee on the shipping that the seller gave me!  Not the selling, but the shipping cost! 

Right, they've been doing that for 5 years, and you just noticed. Whose fault is that?

Message 388 of 438
latest reply

@bronx-dog wrote:

Don't like it... don't list, it's really pretty **bleeping** simple.

Running low on patience with the whining? Smiley Happy

Message 389 of 438
latest reply

that's a very polite way of putting it.

Message 390 of 438
latest reply