cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do unpaid item strikes show up?

I just opened a case on my non-paying bidder. If he doesn't respond (and I don't think he will, as I already warned him about the pending UID) and he gets a strike, will it show up in his feedback or something? Or is the buyer the only one who will be able to see it?
Message 1 of 144
latest reply
143 REPLIES 143

@hondamedic wrote:

Hi Sue & welcome to The Part Timers Forum!

There will be no public "spankings" of deadbeat bidders on eBay. Think of it this way.... Ever make a late payment? Does the company come & put a sign on your house that reads, "Did not pay on time! A real DeadBeat!"? No, they put in your credit score, hidden from public eyes.

Hope this helps & good luck with your future sales!

If you dont pay and they put the strike on your credit report (not for public view) true. BUT on your credit report other people who may do business with you involving credit CAN see the negative feedback. We as sellers CANT see negative feedback of any kind dealing with buyers and get lured into leaving their bids there and the item not selling, opening a case after, trying to second chance offer it, and finally having to relist it. Only to take the chance of that all happening all over again. Buyers should be able to see negative marks on their bidders.

Message 136 of 144
latest reply

Only ebay can track how many unpaid item cases a buyer has against him.

But there's an option where you can block the buyers with two or more unpaid item cases. And the advantage is you can claim the payment for that item from ebay so you won't face any staggering losses. Plus the when the buyers are penalized with unpiad item cases and they are deprived of transactions with certain sellers as a punishment.
Message 137 of 144
latest reply

Well this might cheer you up I am currently working on a website for ebay sellers that list all buyers that have not paid for their items when they won the auction maybe this will help weed them out and protect sellers it is currently being constructed and i am hoping to have it up and running in the next month or so! So bad buyers or scammers beware!!

Message 138 of 144
latest reply

Fully agree with 2013chap! There's so many instances when the auction ends and then the buyer decides not to buy it because they find a cheaper item or change their mind. By making it mandatory auto-payment  this will cut down a large percentage of Non-Payment Claims!

Message 139 of 144
latest reply

@vulcannomad1170 wrote:

Fully agree with 2013chap! There's so many instances when the auction ends and then the buyer decides not to buy it because they find a cheaper item or change their mind. By making it mandatory auto-payment  this will cut down a large percentage of Non-Payment Claims!

Then you would get a large percentage of returns and snads.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 140 of 144
latest reply

@r.charles4717 wrote:

Well this might cheer you up I am currently working on a website for ebay sellers that list all buyers that have not paid for their items when they won the auction maybe this will help weed them out and protect sellers it is currently being constructed and i am hoping to have it up and running in the next month or so! So bad buyers or scammers beware!!

I realize I'm responding to a (now) old post, but how exactly do you plan to get information on non-payers from eBay?  I'm pretty sure they will refuse to give out that information, as it isn't in their best interest to do so.  I would also question the legality of making much of that information public since it COULD be viewed as personal financial information which generally is regarded by most as confidential unless you are a credit agency or a debt collector.

Message 141 of 144
latest reply

I have a "buyer" who won 7 of my auctions and has never responded or paid for any. I held

items until all were done to see what they won and that has took over a week. I have sent

the invoice twice and 3 messages and I was very polite, etc. so no problem there. I may have

lost sales as other buyers might have wanted some of the items for the same prices. It

holds your items in limbo, you are basically starting over. I know this person is still buying

as they have had 6 feedback in the time period I have waited for payment. Something

stronger needs to be done to them, deny them access to ebay for 60 days. Some think

Ebay needs the buyers, well there are no buyers if there aren't sellers.

Good luck sellers and hope this doesn't happen to you!

Message 142 of 144
latest reply

Did you open up 7 unpaid item cases?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 143 of 144
latest reply

@mccal_1 wrote:

I have a "buyer" who won 7 of my auctions and has never responded or paid for any. I held

items until all were done to see what they won and that has took over a week. I have sent

the invoice twice and 3 messages and I was very polite, etc. so no problem there. I may have

lost sales as other buyers might have wanted some of the items for the same prices. It

holds your items in limbo, you are basically starting over. I know this person is still buying

as they have had 6 feedback in the time period I have waited for payment. Something

stronger needs to be done to them, deny them access to ebay for 60 days. Some think

Ebay needs the buyers, well there are no buyers if there aren't sellers.

Good luck sellers and hope this doesn't happen to you!

I realize I am responding late to this, but Love is right, you should have opened up an unpaid item case for every one of those.  That's the only way we have to get this kind of stuff stopped.  If we don't use the few tools that eBay DOES give us, then we really only can hold out the blame so far.  It is your responsibility as a seller, too the rest of the seller community, to file those claims when a winning bidder does not pay.  If not, then those persons will just keep on doing what they did to you. 

Message 144 of 144
latest reply