cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to SORT by PRICE?

Did they eliminate the SORT by PRICE high to low? I use to use it ALL the time for pricing, determining which items to list for maximum profit in least amount of time!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

I'm experiencing this problem right now.  Searching one brand of product has the "sort by" field.  Searching for another brand of the same product does NOT have the "sort by" field available.  Repeatedly!

I would like to understand this.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

@bronzbax wrote:

Did they eliminate the SORT by PRICE high to low? I use to use it ALL the time for pricing, determining which items to list for maximum profit in least amount of time!

I had the same issue and it seemed to be set up by clicking on a link, provided by a Google search. What worked for me was to open a new browser tab and navigate to eBay from there.

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

@bronzbax wrote:

I had the same issue and it seemed to be set up by clicking on a link, provided by a Google search. What worked for me was to open a new browser tab and navigate to eBay, then perform my search.

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

This thread is from April 2014.

Welcome to the PT sellers group.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

Yep you are right at least for auto sales. If I ask it to sort by lowest price it defaults back to "Best Match' automatically.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

This is true for auto sales.  Is this a bug?

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

I just tried it myself & although it is still available you are correct.. It is no longer functional

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

I couldn't find any little gear icon anywhere.

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Because you have 0 results of your search. All displayed items are "proposed" instead and you can't sort them. You must have at least 2 results of your search to be able to sort them.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

It now ALWAYS defaults to Ended Recently in sold/completed, even if you "customize" (which never worked properly either). It seems to hold custom setting in Active listing search but not in Completed or Sold as soon as you click through, the sort returns to recently ended. .  Ebay always seems to make things more difficult for sellers.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

That thing you show here is gone from my ebay

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

That post you are responding to is from 2014.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

I know the thread is old, but I can't find it today: August 9th, 2018. See screenshot. Any thouthgts?

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@mauriciocr7 @alexandrosarhangelos Try a different browser...I am using Chrome and it is there for me.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

It will not appear if you have too many search words.  For example, if you are looking to see the past sales history of a Garrand Omnipak Record player, type in ONLY "Garrand".  Do NOT type in more than one word to start your search.

Ebay will not allow the full "sort by" menu if they have ZERO results that match your entire input. 

Message 30 of 39
latest reply