cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh. Starting the year off on an aggravating foot... need an opinion or two.

So, someone bought a Gibson Vibrola arm handle from me.  These are exact duplicates of the factory OEM Gibson part.  Guy gets the part and the one he has is different size (meaning he doesn't have a legit Gibson part, or his guitar has an aftermarket arm on it, but he doesn't know that).  Guy leaves neutral feedback for me stating I did not send him what he ordered.  Except for the fact that I most certainly did.  Gibson only uses one size arm on their Vibrola tremolos, so he either has an aftermarket arm, or his guitar is a fake, or something, but the issue is on HIS end, he's just not aware of it.  He sent me a message that the part doesn't fit.  I explain that Gibson has only one size arm they use so something is amiss, but I'll gladly refund him if he wants to mail it back to me, even though I had it listed as no returns.  He sent me a photo of his old arm handle beside the one I sent him and yeah, his has a LOT larger hole in it for the arm, there's no doubt.  I explain to him that something is amiss, because I've sold dozens of these with no issues, and because I know for a fact that Gibson only used one size arms on their guitars, and I asked him if he bought the guitar used maybe, or something like that, or if he has an Epiphone, which is a company owned by Gibson but their lookalikes of Gibson models aren't made in the same factory so most of the parts only look similar but they don't measure the same.  Anyway, I offered again to refund it if he wants to mail it back to me, I gave him my address and told him to just let me know it's coming so I know to watch for it.  I did tell him I would like him to revise the feedback he left since I most certainly DID send him the part he ordered, but that the issue is something on his end, not mine, but that I stand behind my product and I want my customers to be happy and because of that I'll gladly refund it.  I haven't heard back from him.  It's just aggravating that he would post neutral feedback stating that I didn't send what he ordered, when in fact I DID, before he ever contacted me.  Ugh.  I don't want to report the guy, but he DID post a false claim in his feedback, I absolutely DID send what he ordered, and I can prove it, as I have more of them in stock and can provide an OEM Gibson vibrola arm if need be to prove my case.  What do I do, wait for the guy to respond?  He didn't offer ME that luxury...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

And, it turns out I was right.  Customer bought a Gibson part from me, and he has an Epiphone guitar, which LOOK like an actual Gibson (and is a licensed Gibson brand, even) but the parts between them are not interchangeable.  He was, however, able to get his local guitar shop to slightly modify it and make it work.  I'm hoping that now he will kindly revise the neutral feedback he left me, since it states he did not receive what he ordered, which is incorrect.  He ordered a Gibson part, which is what I sent him, and that's what he got, it just was not a Gibson part he needed. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did you send the feedback revision form because it is the seller that has to send it and after the buyer receives it they'll have 10 days to revise it?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Did you send the feedback revision form because it is the seller that has to send it and after the buyer receives it they'll have 10 days to revise it?

I don't see that option available to me anywhere.  Not in my My Ebay, not in transaction info, not anywhere.  And the buyer won't respond to me.  The only other feedback he has ever left for a seller was the exact same thing. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply