cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense of humor required to sell on ebay!!

Recently I tried to list a Bell Telephone employee service award. In the description I included the size of the diameter and the weight in grams.  There was no phone number anywhere in the entire listing but some automated proof reading genius kept rejecting the listing for having a forbidden phone number.  After several attempts to "comply" I finally just deleted the entire description and listed just the photo's.  It worked and has a good number of lookers even though I am now being reminded to finish the listing.  Secondly I am always amused with ebay's feeble attempts to help me "improve" my sales by advising me to lower my prices.  For example I listed a 10 year service pin in 14 k gold and ebay said I should resist with a starting price of 99 cents based on other similar listings. I looked up the "similar" list which was only one item and that was only gold plated!!  If I wanted to sell real gold items at one % of melt I could eliminate the postage, ebay and paypal fees and just sell stuff at my wife's rummage sales.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Sense of humor required to sell on ebay!!

Sense of humor and patience... Lots and lots of patience.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply