cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Private Seller

Hello , 

I am a new seller , as a new to ecommerce I want to know what are the essential thing we must do to get my first sale on ebay , I have purchased my inventory and listed on ebay as a private seller and also paying listing promotional price to ebay but no success its been 5 days . My price is competitive and low as compare to other seller but still no luck . 

I need a guidance what am I missing and how to get my first sale ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

New Private Seller

It does not matter whether it is low or not, if nobody wants it, nobody is willing to wait for delivery from Pakistan, or your listings fail to present the product in a way that people know what they are buying.

Since you have no listings on the account you have posted from, open or closed, we cannot identify why you cannot sell.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

New Private Seller

@sye.aki,

You are registered in the UK, and I see that your items are listed on eBay UK with item locations in the UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn=sye.aki&_fsrp=1

Since you are buying items for resale, as well as possibly dropshipping, (from the types of items you have listed and sold), you should have registered as a business seller, not a private seller. That is important, because in the UK you are required to comply with the Distance Selling Regulation as a business seller, and failing to register correctly in order to sell as a private seller when  you are really running a business is against the law. If you want more information about this, you need to log on to and ask on eBay UK:

https://community.ebay.co.uk

As for not getting any sales, items like the pizza pans you sold a couple of months ago, and dropshipped lint rollers are not in demand on eBay. There are thousands of other sellers who are using the same suppliers, and you have to compete with all them. It's the hardest business model of any to be successful at.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

New Private Seller

Evidently listing in the UK.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

New Private Seller

If you can check my listing , its listed in UK with my uk address .Listing is optimized as per ebay policy and guideline . 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply