cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My auction says No Returns, isn't that my right !

Even though the option exists in your listing of " No Returns ", unfortunately that does not mean No Refunds !!

The Ebay Buyer Protection Plan over rides your policy, and almost guarantees that a claim filed against you ( such as a SNAD..) will result in the buyer getting a refund without having to return your item to you.

While this is not fair, you can prevent this from happening in the future by changing you auction listings to ' accept returns'.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 461
latest reply
460 REPLIES 460

@playerpianomusic you already offer 180 day returns, so how is this 30 day change, going to make a difference?

Have you had problems with people abusing the 180 day window? It seems,  private schools, home schooling, people throwing pop-up parties on the regular, etc would already be "renting" your items for six months of use and returning.

If it hasn't happened already, I don't see it happening now. Let us know if people have been using your items for six month rentals and returning.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 451 of 461
latest reply

I just got scammed and forced to accept a broken product and lose my money from full refund.

Wouldn't the way to fight this result in collections coming after you?

Message 452 of 461
latest reply

The problem is some people will just break the items when they get them and say they were broke when they arrived so ebay sides with the buyer.  I do not think that sellers have much protection through ebay what so ever. I know that all ebay buyers do not do this but some do and we have to live with it i guess?

Message 453 of 461
latest reply

Sorry but not every buyer is being honest. Many just plainly change their minds thus creating some excuse to get their money back. Some of us use this money from ebay to live on to keep the wolf away from the door. To be constantly giving refunds would get us no where. To me ebay is nothing but a giant flea market and I take many pictures of my items and describe them completely but lately have had a few people wanting a refund just because the item is not what they thought it was but they did not ask any questions before bidding or doing a buy it now. I do not offer refunds because I use to work for a thrift shops antique store and we started selling on ebay and you would not believe the amount of refunds wanted. we even had a rubber doll that was an antique come back with her head completely ripped off and that could not have happened in shipping. Ebay is hard to deal with sometimes but some of us need the extra income and we need ebay to stand by its sellers more than it does and not just the buyers.
Message 454 of 461
latest reply

Totally agree with you.  I signed up as a business although I only make between £200 and £400 a month, once ebay has had it's cut and this is my sole income. Ebay has become a total nightmare with an avarage one scam per month on around 18 sales. Following 2 scams in the last 6 weeks I have decided to close my business, it really isn't worth the stress when you're working round the clock for peanuts and eBay had joined forces with scammers, what's the point?

Message 455 of 461
latest reply

I can totally sympathize with you.  I described an item in detail, took detailed pictures, then the buyer gives me the run around in paying for the item so I had to open a case against him.  He finally pays for the item, then opens a case against me for a return, and to my amazement eBay rules against me even though I had no returns accepted on the item and had done everything right.  I'm at a total loss as to how a case this clear cut where there is a buyer who just changed his mind and is giving eBay a bogus reason to return an item is not held accountable.

It's obvious that you cannot trust eBay to do the right thing here. I think we need to start voting with our feet and look to other marketplaces to sell our items.

Message 456 of 461
latest reply

I'm in the same boat. Sold a camera on ebay the buy wants to return it says items missing. These items were never included in the included with shipment descriptionl. How can ebay make me return the money? Its not right. I have closed my bank account from which paypal uses and all my credit cards have been instructed not to allow any unauthorized withdraws from ebay or paypal. Let them swollow this! I will no longer sell or buy anything off that sight as long as I live. 

Message 457 of 461
latest reply

I am with you brother! Ebay did same to me though I do not take returns they are forcing me to. It seems like buyers who resell the items at higher price routinely complain upon receipt of goods asking for refund or blackmailing for partial refund against neg feedback. After ten years as an Ebay I have decided to close my store due to the returns policy. I can make money on here but will not help aid and abet this criminal enterprise known as Ebay/Paypal which is a bloodsucking and monstrous vampire / leech . Ebay sucks blood of its sellers and is only for thieves and losers now. I bid you all a good day and farewell.
Message 458 of 461
latest reply

What you have a fair right to is customer support.  EBAY collects fees and so does Paypal for selling a product.   Those come from the seller, not the buyer.  Granted, without the buyer there is no sale, but without a seller, there is no product.

EBAY has slightly improved some aspects of doing business on EBAY, but the advantage of buyers is absurd.  No feedback for buyers (even the worst criminals) that is not positive, and EBAY removes feedbacks that are negative in content against any buyer even if they are positive.  No way to complain about a buyer.  No way to deal with cons by buyers.  No way to deal with buyers that lie like hell.

My cases are simple, and they exemplify how frustrating EBAY is.  They lie to you on the front line telling you always there is nothing they can do, but in many cases, there are things they can do.  The sentence is used with no completion.  They do not define we.  There is nothign we can do, (but a supervisor can help).  Naturally, people would then ask for the supervisor, so the front end team lies to you by omission.

Never give up.  Harass EBAY to tears.  When you know a buyer was wrong, and you prevent that buyer from doing further harm on EBAY, you actually help EBAY and those that use EBAY.  EBAY doesn't like it only because dealing with the frauds costs EBAY money, and does not help the EBAY bottom line.  So EBAY tries to scare you away with 20 year old incompetents that are taught to lie to you.

Often there are other cases against the buyer you are dealing with or that buyer has a very weak representation.  EBAY will say they have no idea if the buyer is telling the truth, but they do.  They have your reputation. They are saying they can destroy you for having a bad reputation when they will not help you defend yourself from bad buyers.  That is bull**bleep**.  They have a legal obligation to provide you support.  And the ambiguous lies they use are ridiculous.

One customer support lie is they can do nothign for you.  Another is to state they are handing you on to their manager, etc., but that person they hand you onto is younger than they are and not their manager or a supervisor.  The idea is to frustrate you to tears.  Don't give in.  Ask for the name of that person's "Supervisor" and when you can speak to that specific supervisor.  Then file a complaint about the lies you were fed by the front end clowns.

Do not make it easier on EBAY by accepting their stance that buyer fraud is the responsibility of the seller when EBAY rakes in 10% and Paypal 13% of every sale, and you still have to pay all the shipping and overhead costs.  IF you are paying for a store, it is even more important that EBAY treat you like someone worth having.  They collect a fortune from store owners and give them short shrift.

Never give up.  They lie more than they breathe.  Eventually, I have usually gotten to a person geared to deal with a problem and that has key ideas and suggestions. 

Fraudulent buyers have a particular pattern.  Some of their scams can easily be identified and dealt with but the simplest one is difficult.  The simplest scam is to claim the item is not as described, which is way too vague of a term and would never hold up in any court of law.  

Buyers that have repeatedly scammed us usually want a refund (of some significant size) or have buyer's remorse.  We recently stumbled on a buyer that uses the system to scam the seller to get the item cheap so they can resell it at a profit.  Problem (that is against EBAY policy).  You cannot resell items you purhcase on EBAY because the buyer/seller protection does not allow it.  Use that if you can.  If you find a buyer that purchased a pair of nikes from you that gives you beef, check to see what they are selling.   If they do not split their seller and buyer accounts, and you find they are selling tons of nikes, that is a violation of EBAY policy and should end them permanently.

The key though is to insist on speaking to someone that makes sense.  When anyone speaking to you on EBAY support makes no sense, you know they are lying.  So let them for a few minuts to patronize them and say thank you I want your supervisor.  Always keep going up the line as far as you can because there are people that do deal with real problems eventually, and when you do press EBAY, it costs them money, and it may change their minds about supporting buyer fraud.

I have a situation now, and I have been outright honest.  Screw it.  I do not care about this negative feedback.  This person is a fraud, it is obvious why, and EBAY has tried to assist them.  I made it cut and dry.  This is fraud, why it is fraud and why I am going to address it as fraud.  If you can find an EBAY policy violation, that is best.  A buyer that says you did not sell him A somewhere when you sold B is nailed.  A buyer that says he did something he did not, is done.  A buyer that resells items of the type you sold may be a target for suspension if they pursue a case against you.  Research the feedback.  Unfortunately, the feedback cannot be negative (the first sign EBAY supported buyer fraud).  But people often put in clues this buyer is a clown.  Send each an email to determine what happened in that specific case.  

THe problem is that most sellers give up.  Make EBAY miserable.  Make them deal with the problem and not push it back on you.  Of course it is most profitable for EBAY to collect your money without consequence.  It is not their right.  Make them know you are dissatisified.  Talk to them repeatedly.  Bug them until there is no more way to deal with you than listen.  

At some point, if people do this, EBAY will realize it costs them too much to allow buyer fraud to continue and use some common sense in their policies to protect from it.

Message 459 of 461
latest reply

Good sellers usually do better in long run
Best when its items with large markup
Message 460 of 461
latest reply

I sold a Barbie doll last week and the title & description was NEW 2017 Fashionista Evolution Tall doll.  I get a return request today that the item was not as decribed because it didn't seem authentic because it wasn't like the Barbie dolls from the 1980s.  I called Ebay right away and they said they can see that the customer shouldn't have said the item wasn't as described but that they just wanted to return.  Now I have to pay for return shipping and refund their original shipping too.  Why would anyone think a 2017 Barbie would be like the dolls from the 80s? 

Message 461 of 461
latest reply