cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Removed For Trademark Violation

Last night I listed an item, here's the title: Jordan Air Yeezy 2 Red October w/Nike Receipt Size 10 Deadstock Kayne West NEW.  I included 12 original close up photos I took of the shoes, no stock photos.

The description was very simple, just stated actual item pictured, brand new, auction includes 1 pr. shoes, dustbag w/extra lacetips attached, original Nike receipt, cushioned inserts & box.  Ships USPS within US only.

Today the listing was removed for trademark violation with a link stating that counterfit items are a violation.  Just checked and there are over 200 listed now, many without the original receipt to prove they're authentic.

Can't figure out why mine was pulled.  I added plenty of pics I took myself of the actual item.  Have the original receipt (which was pictured) showing they were purchased directly from Nike and only had a simple description pertaining to the listing content.

I've read all the rules regarding trademark violations/infringement and just don't see it.  Any suggestions?

-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:- Most issues can be resolved with patience, communication & understanding-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

@scga912 wrote:
It's always in your best interest to start your own thread for your individual issue so we can offer help if possible.

Unless it's an 'eBay Sucks'  thread... we already have one too many. devil.gif

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Hi

Thanks for the advice as this is a new and unpleasant experience. So if I understand you correctly there's no recourse.  Basically eBay's slandered me, and if I don't like it take a hike.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies:

• scga912 - Next time I'll start a seperate thread.  It doesn't sound like this community or I can do much.  I even checked eBay's FaceBook page and they don't allow comments.
  • yamoco - The irony is I bought one of the pairs I was selling from eBay, and now they're saying it's counterfeit.

I'm not sure what to do next if anything, but thanks again for the replies.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Hi I don't know where to put my question. 2 of my authentic bought in Neiman Marcus several years ago Christian Louboutins were taken down. Now I see from your answer it was because I put them up for less. Isn't that the idea? Is it worth it calling Ebay & complaining. Wouldn't they know it's because I put them up for less. I'm not even sure where to find your answer.
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@mackruthy   Hi, mackruthy...No, the lower price has nothing to do with the take down.  What did the eBay email say?  A VERO notice should give you the reason and also an email that you can reply to so you can state your case as to the authenticity of the item.  Unfortunately a receipt does not always qualify because they can be manipulated or the receipt can belong to another item and not the one that you are listing.  

When listing high end articles like bags, shoes, etc. it is best to use all 12 pictures to note all of the authentication points such as labels, seaming, codes, etc.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Thank you so much. I put 12 pictures up. You are correct they said the shoes aren't authentic. I would like to send them the shoes!!! I bought them@ Neiman Marcus but about 4 years ago . So no proof anyway.  Ebay said they would appeal it but I don't see much happening, whatever reason they decided they aren't Authentic will be th same. You guys are great. How do I join. I love hearing other peoples ideas. It helps so much. Thanks again, Honey

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@mackruthy  Hi, honey...from what I have read it takes about 6 weeks to hear back from the right's holder, in your case Louboutin, but until you do hear back you shouldn't list the shoes again.

If you are ever in doubt about the authenticity of an item or just want to have someone else verify what you already know, there are quite a few "experts" on the Fashion board that will analyze your pictures and give you an opinion as to authenticity...also check out "online" authenticators for future listings.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Thank you so much. I checked . I feel like a dummy. I can't find a place to put the pictures up so the link you sent can validate they are?

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

What exactly are you having trouble with? Are you on mobile or computer? Are you having trouble locating the icon to add an attachment?
We will be happy to help.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Who do you actually call when you have this problem? I have been on hold for over an hour! So frustrating!

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Hi, @jacdig-41 ~ Welcome to the Part Time eBay Sellers Group!

We need a little more information in order to help!  Did you receive a VERO takedown?  If so the email should give you the reason why and also give you instructions on how/when/and to whome to reply. 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

HI I HAVEN'T PUT ANYTHING UP FOR MONTHS SO i DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS IS ABOUT????  CAN YOU EXPLAIN?   MACKRUTHY

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@mackruthy wrote:

HI I HAVEN'T PUT ANYTHING UP FOR MONTHS SO i DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS IS ABOUT????  CAN YOU EXPLAIN?   MACKRUTHY

What is "this"? Please state the issue. We can't explain until we know what you're asking about.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Folks, she may be receiving notifications or emails saying someone responded to this thread. They hadn’t posted since November.
That’s my guess.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Folks, she may be receiving notifications or emails saying someone responded to this thread. They hadn’t posted since November.
That’s my guess.

DING DING DING...I THINK WE HAVE A WINNING ANSWER!

@mackruthy  You most likely have your preferences set to be notified whenever someone replies/responds to your post from last November.  When you come back to this thread, click on the "... Options" on the top right side of the thread and you should see an option to "unsubscribe".  

Message 30 of 30
latest reply