cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Prevent International Sales

Don't want the hassle with Customs Forms, slow shipping complaints & hits on your Shipping Time DSR's, INR (Item Not Recieved) because there's no DC (Delivery Confirmation) on the shipping method the buyer insists you use or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) and buyer won't return due to cost of S&H that you had to pay to get it there & you lost money on? There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu.
Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row.
Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit
Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US.

Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit.
Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship.
Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings.
If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.

Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page.
Under Selling Preferences click on Payment Receiving Preferences.
Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save.

Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level. Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

WTH went on here!  😞  Why do people need to go on the attack when they see a thread they disagree with?  If another poster reads something they disagree with then either pass the thread by or make a comment that is not in attack-mode.  Disagree, sure... attack...NOT!  Keep in mind that this is a discussion board and act accordingly.  😐

********************************************************************************

The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose.

For the sake of others, please learn CPR. You could save a life.

Message 151 of 177
latest reply

WTH went on here!  😞  Why do people need to go on the attack when they see a thread they disagree with?  If another poster reads something they disagree with then either pass the thread by or make a comment that is not in attack-mode.  Disagree, sure... attack...NOT!  Keep in mind that this is a discussion board and act accordingly.  😐

LOL...look at the date...that was 5 months ago. 

Message 152 of 177
latest reply

Five months or five ago, the time frame is not the point, atleast not to me.  The point is that this type of negativity happened at all on this thread - or any other thread or forum, for that matter.  😞  

Discuss - sure,  Attack - NOT!

********************************************************************************

Message 153 of 177
latest reply

make that Five months or five minutes ago...

Message 154 of 177
latest reply

Gag me! Whatever!

Im so tired of your posts! I can finally say I am ready to add someone to my ignore list.

TTFN

Message 155 of 177
latest reply

Go ahead, Mint.  If what I say upsets you, then that's the thing to do.  I don't have anyone on my ignore list and don't intend to.  I want to know what people say whether they agree with me or not.  

Message 156 of 177
latest reply

Do you fill your customs forms online when you print postage or manually?

Post office told me that since they have to fill this in ( and they can't type apparently) they will not accept manually filled in forms any more  all customs forms must be filled in online.

I don't know if this is true as the post office web page says to take in your international package if you don't know the weight.

Before as in some time ago Ebay did not even have a first class international customs form but only the much more expensive piroity mail international. So I always filled in the form and took it in with the parcel to mail.   

Message 157 of 177
latest reply

Post office told me that since they have to fill this in ( and they can't type apparently) they will not accept manually filled in forms any more  all customs forms must be filled in online.

I'd have them show me the postal regulation that says that.  As far as I'm aware, it's nonsense.  If a postal counter person balks at showing you the regulation, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 158 of 177
latest reply

Bump

Message 159 of 177
latest reply

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 160 of 177
latest reply

Whenever I select in the shipping section of the auction: "Ship to Canada and the following" and select USA only and I clearly state in all capitals, "I DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY, CANADA AND USA ONLY" international buyers still purchase my item and screw me over.

I hope this prevents international buyers from purchasing/bidding on my items. 

Message 161 of 177
latest reply

@dannysoufi78690 wrote:

Whenever I select in the shipping section of the auction: "Ship to Canada and the following" and select USA only and I clearly state in all capitals, "I DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY, CANADA AND USA ONLY" international buyers still purchase my item and screw me over.

I hope this prevents international buyers from purchasing/bidding on my items. \

There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu. Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row. Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit. Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US. Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply. See below.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit. Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship. Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings. If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page. Under My Selling ToolsGetting paid and managing my riskBlock payments Update . Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold: and Block payments from sellers: Have non-US PayPal Account (See Below.).Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save. Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level.

Hope this helps!

Message 162 of 177
latest reply

your instructional on how to prevent international sales was the most precise, clear and effective posting I have ever seen......Ebay should  read your post and then hire you....thanks so much !!!!! manyamile

Message 163 of 177
latest reply

@manyamile wrote:

your instructional on how to prevent international sales was the most precise, clear and effective posting I have ever seen......Ebay should  read your post and then hire you....thanks so much !!!!! manyamile

Aaaahhh Mom... You're embarrassing me... Again....You  do know the court order was online stalking too?

Seriously, thank-you ManyAMile! While this a helpful post there are hundreds of fantastic posts from many here!!!

As far as eBay hiring me? Many have posted I'm an eBay shill... Just wish I collected a few bucks from it!

Message 164 of 177
latest reply

Honda's mom thanks you as well!

jawa mom.jpg

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 165 of 177
latest reply