cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

Hello, my ebay sales are down, is ebay going to hide sellers who do not offer 30 day returns and 1 day processing during the Holiday Season?  Something is strange as it seems I have been cut off just like that.  If so I wish they would let me know.  I am not a a retail store, I wish there was a site for retail stores only and one for home business. Anyhow anyone notice? Thanks

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

I have store and i have double items than last year, i put discount , i promote from ebay every item but the sales are to slow.... Here is my store sansirosports

Is time eBay see little the sellers because we have problems with sales...

Thank you

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

The problem is not that Ebay and sellers, the problem is Google and Ebay. They had a contract signed 2006, now it is expired, it was FREE , so most of our product were seach through Google, NOW Google is asking Ebay to pay for Search (SEO). I you go to Google and search for women leather boots or any product you WON'T see any product from Ebay sellers as before...they are gone! Here is a comment that I found:
The truth of the matter between Google and Ebay has little to do with the algo although that certainly was a result of the actual problem. For too many years eBay was getting for free what everyone else was paying Google for. Google approached eBay and told them that if they wanted the same level of exposure they were going to have to pay, just like everyone else. eBay, in the infinite lack of wisdom had the astounding idea that they could go it without Google and thus thumbed their nose at Google's request to be paid. The pathetic state of traffic today is the result.
"Being hit by SEO before, eBay is restructuring its site and is expected to gain a major boost in traffic from search engines."....This is pure FANTASY. GOOGLE will never allow eBay to fluorish in their search engine until eBay coughs up the dough that every other huge site does to get that exposure.
No matter what fancy coding eBay tries to implement it's not going to do shyte to placement in Google search so long as eBay is still not willing to pay to play in Google.
This is just another perfect example of eBay playing fast and loose with the truth and Wenig is as big a liar as they come. You Crazy Lister guys are starting to sound like Wenig fanboys at which point your credibility become 0.
As far as Wenig caring about the small sellers, give me a break. I guess it because he loves small sellers so much that's why he is allowing Titanium and Platinum sellers to flood products into inappropriate categories thus burying the small sellers' products never to be seen and allowing the Chinese sellers to do the same. eBay turns a blind eye to all the things that are killing small sellers and then they claim that they love the little guy. I call **bleep** major **bleep**. Forget it if you're a little guy and you're based in Canada, Between the geography penalty and the click-through rate penalty if you sell collectibles or any category where items are mostly one onlies, your listings are buried so far down the search result list that any sale you get is purely accidental.
Wenig doesn't want to be another Amazon right well it's safe to say that won't happen anyway with the incompetence that rules eBay. They only wish they could be another Amazon. What they will end up being is a poor imitation that eventually will have nothing but big box and Chinese sellers (Chinese govt. actually there are no Chinese sellers) all selling the same $9.95 free shipping garbage. Also, look for this link http://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/selling-db/message-id/844440

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

Hello ...EBAY SELLERS

My sales are even worse now December 2017.  It’s so

dissapointing . Don’t know if Ebay still on site should

I check?? thats how bad it is. Maybe because I  have not

seen any advertisements which are sent to eBay Buyer to

Shop Sales!! and show your items, I’ve seen nothing in the last

year. What’s happen to EBay. It’s also slow on Marcari, and

Posh. Macari I did very good in October but it’s now very slow in

December. Iam hoping their back after they get money for Christmas

gifts we’ll see. Keep your fingers crossed.

Happy Holidays!!

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

I have sold NOTHING in the last 2 weeks! I usually make about $200-$300 in December!
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

Hello..It’s Terrible I use to sell 700.00 a month I have another site vspinkprettyforyou Victoria Secret Clothing Now down to Nothing. Sold one item in December it’s the worst ever But it’s just not eBay. Marcari, and Posh Did nothing no sales in December. Iam so disappointed  I don’t know if it’s just the malls online shopping discounted so much and also using their credit cards to shop. What a disappointment to all the sellers.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Ebay sales slow Oct 2016

Well, I have been hearing about this for a couple of years... I try to use some tricks, one I don't think Ebay would approve of... Anyway, I put ebay listings on Pinterest and that seemed to help with the views, but not sales.
A lot of people are upset and nervous to have an unstable maniac in the White House, so maybe that is affecting people's willingness to spend money.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply