Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY and PAYPAL Fees too high

Thinking very seriously about cancelling my account.:-(

Message 1 of 145
latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

Who care about paragraphs? Could you read the post? Obiously you could or, you would'nt have replied. Your logic is flawed as someone who wants to belittle someone ususally does. Read many of the replies and it's quite appartent. 

Paragraph for your little minds benefit.

I stated I no longer sell on Ebay, only purchase. If you feel the charges are acceptaple then I wish you the best. For me, as a small seller who does not sell for profit(key word), It's not worth it. I get better results and no charges through several other community sites now. I sell my own personal items, not ones I bought in bulk at a very reduced price and then jack up the price to make a profit. I sell at a loss from the start. 

Another paragraph

Since I sell seldom and don't make a profit I dropped Ebay as a selling market. The only ones doing well are the larger stores. I still remember Ebay's comments back in 1999. They were for the average person to sell unwanted items. This, to me, states it was like a garage sale store. Thousands flock to it because it offer a large audience and VERY REASONABLE FEES. Plus, there was no Paypal. You could send Money Orders, Cashiers Check or, even a personal check and, the sellers were happy to oblige. Now, Paypal and a credit card are mandatory. That's another FEE I could live without. It was no longer a small sellers place but, a coporate resellers market. 

Bigger stores moved in and Ebay seen the light. Got greedy and went wholey for them. 

Another paragraph.

If you don't believe Ebay offers "special fees" to large power sellers you are sadly mistaken. They get the breaks the smaller sellers can't get. They won't advertise this fact for obvious reasons. They did state special fees at one point but, the small seller complained and they took it down. The history of Ebay does not reflect this.

Message 136 of 145
latest reply

"Who care about paragraphs? "

"Paragraph for your little minds benefit"

@sndeng...I care about paragraphs!  #1,  you are replying to a poster from 2016 and #2, as a fellow seller that tries to help others with their selling concerns, encountering a wall of text with out paragraphs makes it very very difficult to follow and understand the problem...asking a poster to please use paragraphs is not rude ~ but saying, "paragraph for your little minds benefit" is rude!

I have no trouble making a profit when selling my "household treasures".  If that isn't working for you, then I agree, eBay isn't for everyone .

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 137 of 145
latest reply

The I'm rude. If it bothers you get a thick skin. I'm quit used to it from being a LEO. 

Message 138 of 145
latest reply

I don't sell for profit. Just to get rid of what I don't need and at a loss. When will you people understand what you read?

Message 139 of 145
latest reply

Are all Leo's grouchy? Smiley Happy

Once again, eBay works for me!  I agree with you that when selling your used household treasures, you very rarely will make a profit on the original purchase price unless there happens to be a bidding war.  I am assuming that you want to make "some" money off of the sale otherwise you would just donate the item.  eBay's fees are worth it to me for the greater eyes on my product and I make more money than if I used the c-list or other local venues...but as I said, not everyone can make eBay work for them.  Good luck wherever you choose to sell!

Message 140 of 145
latest reply

Yes hidy, we are! 🤣🙄❤️

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 141 of 145
latest reply

Related image

Message 142 of 145
latest reply

I think 2.9% and .30 from paypal is a fair charge, but 10% on item price and shipping is too high. I could make a profit at that if every sell went perfect, but there will always be a few items damaged in shipping and few returns . If you hab=ve a picture of item nest to a ruler and state item is 7" some will still return stating item is too big and some will return stating item is too small.

Message 143 of 145
latest reply

@dollarbill7663 wrote:

I think 2.9% and .30 from paypal is a fair charge, but 10% on item price and shipping is too high. I could make a profit at that if every sell went perfect, but there will always be a few items damaged in shipping and few returns . If you hab=ve a picture of item nest to a ruler and state item is 7" some will still return stating item is too big and some will return stating item is too small.

If you're not making a profit because of ebay's fee, your entire business model is flawed. 

Message 144 of 145
latest reply

Yeah. Ebay seriously needs some competition. Theyre making bank off us selling stuff.
Message 145 of 145
latest reply