cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day grace period for payments

I have purchased items from a few sellers that offer 30 days for payment. As a seller I would like to try that so that a customer can wait to see what new items I’m offering over the course of a month, and to be able to enjoy combined shipping. Does anybody have experience selling this way? Would I need to send a new revised invoice after each additional purchase? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@peebro4321  I am flying by the seat of my pants here because I don't use combined shipping...but I would assume that you will need to set up the option for combined shipping invoices in your listing preferences, so "preferences" is the place that you need to be...from the help pages:

Sellers can offer shipping discounts to buyers who purchase multiple items.

Setting up automatic combined payments and shipping discounts

You can enable combined payments and select a time period for combined purchases as well as create rules around the shipping discounts you offer.

You'll need to update your checkout preferences and enable eBay checkout if you're not already using it. Buyers who pay for all items at once using eBay checkout within the time period you've set will automatically get shipping discounts.

More actions:

Manually offering shipping discounts for multiple purchases

If the buyer hasn't paid yet, you can combine multiple items on a single invoice. Go to My eBay > Sold > Awaiting payment. Choose the items you want to combine into a single invoice, and then select Send Invoice.

If the buyer has already paid, you can combine any remaining items or send a revised invoice for a single item. On the revised invoice, enter a shipping discount in the Seller discounts or charges and send the revised invoice.

More actions:

Learn more:

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is the seller doing that, or is it through PayPal Credit?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@peebro4321 wrote:

I have purchased items from a few sellers that offer 30 days for payment. As a seller I would like to try that so that a customer can wait to see what new items I’m offering over the course of a month, and to be able to enjoy combined shipping. Does anybody have experience selling this way? Would I need to send a new revised invoice after each additional purchase? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi, @peebro4321  I don't use combined shipping because my widgets don't combine easily for packing and I rarely use the auction format and always have IPR checked; however, according to the help pages you don't need to send a revised invoice after each additional purchase:

You can combine all the items a buyer bought from you in a 30-day period into one invoice.

Go to My eBay > Sold > Awaiting payment. Choose the items you want to combine into a single invoice, and then select Send Invoice. If you're having trouble sending a combined invoice, make sure Use Checkout is enabled as your Checkout Preference.

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr?query=289

If you have any other questions about selling or just want to chat, come on back!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, the following are the options I see when I go to my eBay:

Summary

Recently viewed

Bids/offers

Watch list

Purchase history

Selling

Saved searches

Saved sellers

Am I not seeing the sold >awaiting payment because there is nothing actually awaiting payment, or, am I in the wrong place?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@peebro4321  I am flying by the seat of my pants here because I don't use combined shipping...but I would assume that you will need to set up the option for combined shipping invoices in your listing preferences, so "preferences" is the place that you need to be...from the help pages:

Sellers can offer shipping discounts to buyers who purchase multiple items.

Setting up automatic combined payments and shipping discounts

You can enable combined payments and select a time period for combined purchases as well as create rules around the shipping discounts you offer.

You'll need to update your checkout preferences and enable eBay checkout if you're not already using it. Buyers who pay for all items at once using eBay checkout within the time period you've set will automatically get shipping discounts.

More actions:

Manually offering shipping discounts for multiple purchases

If the buyer hasn't paid yet, you can combine multiple items on a single invoice. Go to My eBay > Sold > Awaiting payment. Choose the items you want to combine into a single invoice, and then select Send Invoice.

If the buyer has already paid, you can combine any remaining items or send a revised invoice for a single item. On the revised invoice, enter a shipping discount in the Seller discounts or charges and send the revised invoice.

More actions:

Learn more:

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

Message 5 of 5
latest reply