cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell faster with new Active Listings features

What you need to know

We’re committed to simplifying how you sell. That’s why we’re bringing more selling tools and tips right to where you spend your time—your Seller Hub Active Listings tab and the eBay app.

Sellers with a Basic or higher Store subscription can now seamlessly create markdown sale events directly from the Active Listings tab. Plus, all sellers will start seeing personalized recommendations on the Active Listings tab, with actionable tips to help you sell your items faster.

Create sale events from Active Listings and the eBay app

As a Basic or higher eBay Store subscriber, you already have access to a variety of great promotional tools, including markdown sale events. Now, eBay Store subscribers can create sale events and add items to existing sale events directly from the Seller Hub Active Listings tab on desktop. 

Previously, you could only create sale events from the Seller Hub Marketing tab. 

This update means you can easily and quickly identify items you want to include in a sale event and take action while you check on your active listings.

This feature is already available on desktop. In the coming weeks, you’ll also be able to create sale events on the eBay app when viewing your active listings, making it even easier to manage your sale events when you’re on the go. 

New “Sell it faster” recommendations

All sellers will see new “Sell it faster” recommendations on your Seller Hub Active Listings tab when we identify specific listings that we think will benefit from certain actions. 

We’ve already started showing recommendations to send Offers to Buyers for eligible listings. Now, when you choose to act on these recommendations, you’ll see an updated experience that lets you set up automated offers based on considerations like category, price, and condition.

As part of our goal to simplify and empower your selling, we’re working toward giving you more data-backed “Sell it faster” recommendations aimed at helping you improve your listing quality and run more effective marketing campaigns.

Next steps

Keep an eye on your Active Listings tab—you’ll start seeing “Sell it faster” recommendations for listings that could benefit from Offers to Buyers. Give these recommendations a try.

If you have a Basic or above Store subscription, try creating a sale event from your Active Listings tab next time you check on your listings. 

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-72 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

The most relevant feedback is shown first with the improved default sort.

personally, to me, the most relevant feedback is latest feedback first..........how he is perceived by his buyers CURRENTLY.

Would you explain what "relevant" feedback is defined as by ebay?

Since relevant is the default, will you consider changing the default to latest first or at least making a choice sticky?  Having to change it Every Stinking time is a real pain in the neck. 

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Speaking of sale events (such as Markdown Manager)...last year we were promised that store owners were being given a "Sales Tab" on the store home page, which would connect buyers to sales we are running. This past weekend I ran a President's Day Sale and saw no such tab in my store. I have also not seen it in store run by other sellers.

What is the status of this feature? Has it been shelved? Is it in s-l-o-w rollout? Or what, exactly?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Considering sales events.........at some point it was promised that a Sales TAB would be added to stores.......which would included marketing events, other than coupons..........when will this be rolled out? 

A store can have sales.......silly not to be able to find out about it easily...........

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

@dhbookds 

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

I see the Sale tab on my Store - it is only there when an active sale is going on.

saletab.png

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly  Thanks. Mind if I ask a few more questions? What type of sale were you running? And how long has it been? As I said, I just ran a markdown sale this past weekend, and the tab never appeared in my store. I'm hoping ebay can let us know the status of this feature....it sounds like it is being rolled out, but perhaps hasn't made it to everyone just yet? But only ebay knows for sure....

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

For clarification, I have A Starter store subscription.

Starter stores also have access to promotional tools AND can now create sale events and add items to existing sale events directly from the Seller Hub Active Listings tab on the desktop. So, maybe it should read As a Starter or Higher eBay Store subscriber....?

Screenshot 2024-02-21 103836.png

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly  Thanks. Mind if I ask a few more questions? What type of sale were you running? And how long has it been? As I said, I just ran a markdown sale this past weekend, and the tab never appeared in my store. I'm hoping ebay can let us know the status of this feature....it sounds like it is being rolled out, but perhaps hasn't made it to everyone just yet? But only ebay knows for sure....

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

the 10th through the 19th, I ran a Markdown Sale (20%) - had a Sale Tab

The 18th through the 24th I have a Presidents Day Coupon (20%) - has the Sale Tab in my screenshot

(I switch back and forth (and sometimes concurrently) between coupons and markdowns.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Speaking of sale events (such as Markdown Manager)...last year we were promised that store owners were being given a "Sales Tab" on the store home page, which would connect buyers to sales we are running. This past weekend I ran a President's Day Sale and saw no such tab in my store. I have also not seen it in store run by other sellers.

What is the status of this feature? Has it been shelved? Is it in s-l-o-w rollout? Or what, exactly?

Hi @my-cottage-books-and-antiques. Currently coupons are the promotion type that will show the Sales tab option. The Sale tab is hidden unless there is a current qualifying promotion (only coupons qualify for now).

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

seller_update@ebay thanks. But what you just stated is directly contradicted by @penguins_dont_fly post, which says the tab appeared for both his coupon sale and for a separate markdown manager sale. So, maybe you could double check this? 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

seller_update@ebay wrote:

Can I turn off or snooze “Sell it faster” recommendations?

We understand that it might not be the right time for these recommendations. You can select the “Remind me later” button to snooze them for a few days. We believe these recommendations offer important insights to help your listings sell faster, so we don’t offer a way to permanently turn them off.

seller_update@ebay 

1. Where/how will these recommendations appear? A banner or something else?

2. How long will the recommendation display before it goes away / ages off?

3. What happens if sellers do not go along with the recommendations? Is eBay going to demote those listings in search or end them?

My mind wouldn't even go there if the FAQ didn't stress how important these insights are - so much so that sellers cannot turn them off.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

seller_update@ebay 

I see no answer to message #2?  If it was unclear, please advise...........

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Hoping we can get some answers on my above post 11 as well seller_update@ebay .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

And while we are asking the team to answer unanswered questions, I'll direct you to my Post # 10. A response would be much appreciated, seller_update@ebay 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

seller_update@ebay wrote:

Can I turn off or snooze “Sell it faster” recommendations?

We understand that it might not be the right time for these recommendations. You can select the “Remind me later” button to snooze them for a few days. We believe these recommendations offer important insights to help your listings sell faster, so we don’t offer a way to permanently turn them off.

seller_update@ebay 

1. Where/how will these recommendations appear? A banner or something else?

2. How long will the recommendation display before it goes away / ages off?

3. What happens if sellers do not go along with the recommendations? Is eBay going to demote those listings in search or end them?

My mind wouldn't even go there if the FAQ didn't stress how important these insights are - so much so that sellers cannot turn them off.

Hi @wastingtime101 Good questions on this topic

1. Yes, these recommendations will show up as banners starting with Seller Hub Active Listings page, followed by other placements.
  2. The personalized banners will keep showing until they are relevant for the seller, or the seller decides to snooze (remind me later) it.
  3. Seller will not be dinged by eBay for not adopting the recommendations. Their inventory impressions will depend on how seller's inventory compares to other inventory and sellers on eBay.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply