cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved features to delegate more tasks and protect your business

What you need to know

We've enhanced multi-user account access (MUAA) to enable you to assign more kinds of tasks to your team members, and added authenticator apps as a method for 2-step verification. This will provide you with a secure login experience across multiple devices and accounts, and add an extra layer of protection to your eBay account.

Delegate more tasks with MUAA

Boost your productivity and run your business more efficiently by securely assigning a wider range of work, including: 

1. Messages: Authorize other users to manage your inbox and the messages you send to other members of the community on your behalf.
  2. Advertising campaigns: Enable other users to create, modify, and manage advertising campaigns.
  3. Promotions: Give other users the permission to manage promotions for your listings and associated buyer groups.
  4. eBay Vault: Grant authorized users the permission to access your eBay vault so they can add cards and create listings for the cards on your behalf. 

Enhanced security with 2-step verification

We’ve introduced 2-step verification with authenticator apps so you and other approved users on your account can enjoy a safe and seamless login process. An authenticator app helps us verify your identity with device-bound, time-based, one-time passcodes (OTP) that reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your eBay account. It’s also more secure than traditional methods such as SMS, voice, and email OTPs.

Get started

Enroll in multi-user account access and enable other users to set up their own login credentials. For more information on how to start using multi-user account access, visit our Help page.  

We recommend enabling 2-step verification and selecting Authenticator app as your verification method for each user account. During this process, each user will need to provide their credentials. For detailed instructions on setting up 2-step verification, check out our step-by-step guide

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-72 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Improved features to delegate more tasks and protect your business

A MUAA employee has asked:

I am an authorized user on a company account. The company has set permissions that I am able to access messages. Where can I access these messages? There is no message tab in the seller hub, and selecting messages in My eBay sends me to the personal account messages. We have tried using both my existing personal account, and creating a new account to use only for being an authorized user - messages are unable to be found on either account. I've tried different browsers (Chrome and Edge), different operating systems (Windows and Chromebook), and different modes (phone, desktop, laptop).

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Accessing-messages-as-authorized-user/m-p/34303768

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

A MUAA employee has asked:

I am an authorized user on a company account. The company has set permissions that I am able to access messages. Where can I access these messages? There is no message tab in the seller hub, and selecting messages in My eBay sends me to the personal account messages. We have tried using both my existing personal account, and creating a new account to use only for being an authorized user - messages are unable to be found on either account. I've tried different browsers (Chrome and Edge), different operating systems (Windows and Chromebook), and different modes (phone, desktop, laptop).

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Accessing-messages-as-authorized-user/m-p/34303768

Hi @shipscript the delegator can assign permissions that are labeled "manage member to member messages", however this function is only available once both the delegator and delegatee are both using the updated new messaging experience.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I set up this account to have access to my company's account (as an employee with all permissions enabled), but I can't do the messaging yet because the new account doesn't have access to the new messaging system.  Is there a way to get that set up on the new account?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for explaining this. I have had the same problem.

But how do we access the updated new messaging experience?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No one responded to my other account on here, but I was able to chat with customer support and they submitted a request for me to have the new messaging system added to my account (first guy didn't understand at all, second finally figured it out), and it was added in about 3 hours I think (they said up to 72 hours).  Annoying, especially since we have several employees we want to add and they'd all have to do that themselves, but at least it's possible.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply