cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees & Financials

We continue to look for ways to improve our marketplace to help you manage your business more efficiently, accelerate your sales velocity, and bring more buyers to you. For example, we recently launched spendable funds, a new way for you to pay for items on eBay using proceeds from your sales, and introduced additional payment options for higher priced items.

To help support changes we’re making to our marketplace that benefit all eBay users, we're increasing some final value fees. At the same time, we’re decreasing the cost of some optional listing upgrades that give buyers more purchase options and make it easier for you to manage your listings.

We’re also expanding the fee credit we give you when you provide great service by fully refunding a buyer’s return. And as we continue to roll out eBay International Shipping, we handle the international logistics for you at no additional cost, while also waiving the International fee for sellers.

Edit: Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members.

Please allow us 24-48 hours to provide an answer to your question.  

Message 1 of 190
latest reply
189 REPLIES 189

Fees & Financials

Not like ebay gets a shipping fee increase 2-3 times a year, keep squeezing the little guy

Message 2 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

Please explain why the final value fee increases take effect in only 2 weeks for US sellers while UK sellers fee increases don't take effect until April.      30 days notice should be required for any fee increases.

Message 3 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

@kathieskorner wrote:

Please explain why the final value fee increases take effect in only 2 weeks for US sellers while UK sellers fee increases don't take effect until April.      30 days notice should be required for any fee increases.

Hello @kathieskorner thank you for your comment.  We'll be glad to pass your feedback along to the appropriate team for consideration. 

Message 4 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

was it revealed someplace which categories would be seeing the fee increase?

Message 5 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

It is outrageous to raise fees again. eBay already raised the promoted listing fees and minimum a few months ago, and raised final value fees by 0.3% around a year ago, so the greed of the executives must be kicking in. A lot of sellers use eBay to run small businesses that have already been hampered by prices of shipping going up multiple times a year and inventory sources /wholesalers raising prices as well. The last thing we needed was more money going to eBay. I guess greed can never be satisfied. These factors are going to cause a lot of sellers to not be profitable and will ultimately result in eBay losing sellers. At the very least, fees should be remaining constant for sellers who pay for store subscriptions. All I want is to know why they continue to do this, year after year, yet eBay is doing quite fine. All this is doing is accelerating the inevitable death of online selling, considering the other factors I mentioned. There will be a point one day where it will become impossible to make money doing this. 

Message 6 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

@trstnadie wrote:

was it revealed someplace which categories would be seeing the fee increase?

Hello @trstnadie! We have a comparison chart here to see which categories will have a fee increase. 

Message 7 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

I was going to mention the same thing about ebay getting a fee increase every time there is a shipping rate increase.

Message 8 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

seller_update@ebay wrote:

give buyers more purchase options

If they want to give buyers more purchase options, get rid of the paid promotions and fix the search engine so buyers can find what the are looking for.

Give everyone a fair chance at selling something and not just the ones with more money to give away.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

We are getting nickled & dimed from all sides. We will have to adjust our pricing accordingly.

I hope all of these increased fees will lead to better IT improvements for the platform to make things more efficient & less time consuming for the seller, easier for the buyers to find their desired item, better Customer Service, & other requests on the seller wish list which have been posted & posted!!!

Message 10 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

eBay, you're killing me with the fees. Not only are fees going up in my main category AGAIN, but I'm encouraged to offer free shipping, and pay eBay to promote my listings. Oh, and also send discount offers to people who are interested in specific items. This is getting absurd. I've started removing items that are priced under $15, and will probably remove anything under $20 very soon. I'm lucky that I have another outlet to move my inventory. After 25 years, I'll be looking for & thinking about alternatives to any eBay inventory that remains. 

Message 11 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

"We strive to maintain the lowest selling fees in the industry."

Citation needed. Last year, our fees on eBay added up to about 17% of sales, without using any of the promotional options. We sell on Amazon, Shopify, and Bonanza as well, with fees anywhere from somewhat to extremely less. Can I see a sales comparison that demonstrates these are the lowest fees? Does it assume sales are equal on, say, eBay and Amazon (they are not)?

Also, this is NOT 30 days notice. Why is the TOS only binding on sellers, and not the platform?

Message 12 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

Just for example, in selling a $10 book, 1 lb media mail rate:

• Pre-Jan price increase fees, 14.6% fees were $1.96. After the USPS price increase, fees were $1.99, a small increase but equivalent to 14.85% under the old rate.  It would of course be higher if the book weighed more than one pound.
  • Same with commerical rates for a flat-rate priority envelope. Fees for a book would have been $2.64 before the last USPS increase; $2.70 after; 14.6% to 14.9% for ebay.

Message 13 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

I  won't hold my breath for the "appropriate" team to respond with a reasonable explanation.

I also agree with the poster that said we should be getting something in return for increased fees in the way of IT fixing all the glitches and a level playing field in visibility.   Showing a potential buyer who clicks on MY listing 25 or more items from other sellers - many unrelated - isn't my idea of a level playing field.

Message 14 of 190
latest reply

Fees & Financials

You should consider a better discount for top-rated sellers than 10% off 12.35%. We work hard to make you money. The least  you can do is throw us a bigger bone than that.

Message 15 of 190
latest reply