cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight coupons on your storefront

We’re making it easy for Store subscribers to highlight active promotions by rolling out a new Sale tab on the storefront. This tab will feature all your coupon sales in one place, and make it easier for buyers to find your sale items. With this update, your coupon offers will automatically be front and center on your storefront—helping turn browsing visitors into happy buyers. 

More details 

• The Sale tab will automatically appear for store subscribers who’ve created at least one promotional coupon offer.
  • We’re exploring ways to include other promotions, such as markdowns, under the Sale tab in the future.  
  • If you want to create a coupon offer that’ll show up in a Sale tab on your storefront, visit the coded coupons page to get started.

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-72 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Sale tab for stores is something sellers have been asking for. Nice to see that happening. It's disappointing to see the launch will be exclusive to coupons to start, but positive that eBay's planning to add markdowns.

What about order discounts & shipping discounts? They weren't mentioned in the update. I use order/ship discounts heavily and would like to see them on the sale tab.

All promos already exist on one page, so in theory it shouldn't be difficult to implement that into the upcoming sale tab.

Existing promo page:

https://www.ebay.com/sme/USERNAME/offers.html
GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Sale tab for stores is something sellers have been asking for. Nice to see that happening. It's disappointing to see the launch will be exclusive to coupons to start, but positive that eBay's planning to add markdowns.

What about order discounts & shipping discounts? They weren't mentioned in the update. I use order/ship discounts heavily and would like to see them on the sale tab.

All promos already exist on one page, so in theory it shouldn't be difficult to implement that into the upcoming sale tab.

Existing promo page:

https://www.ebay.com/sme/USERNAME/offers.html

Thank you for this suggestion @wastingtime101. We will pass this along to the team handling that update. Also be sure to check out the Seller Hub: Marketing Tools & Stores booth from 8am PST - 2pm PST to speak to them too! 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay  I'm not sure I understand why call the tab "sale" but restrict it to Coupons? If I'm running a Markdown Manager sale, won't that confuse buyers, who see sale, click on the tab, see nothing, and conclude I'm not running a markdown manager sale. Wouldn't it be better to name the tab "Coupons" and change it to "sale" after ebay has added the other types of sales?

Is that something you can pass on to the team?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

seller_update@ebay  I'm not sure I understand why call the tab "sale" but restrict it to Coupons? If I'm running a Markdown Manager sale, won't that confuse buyers, who see sale, click on the tab, see nothing, and conclude I'm not running a markdown manager sale. Wouldn't it be better to name the tab "Coupons" and change it to "sale" after ebay has added the other types of sales?

For clarity, this is the name of the tab within your Seller Hub.  We will take your suggestion under advisement for the buyer-facing page.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay wrote:

For clarity, this is the name of the tab within your Seller Hub.  We will take your suggestion under advisement for the buyer-facing page.

Wait, what? The update talks about the storefront, not seller hub.

Quoted from the update:

>>We’re making it easy for Store subscribers to highlight active promotions by rolling out a new Sale tab on the storefront. This tab will feature all your coupon sales in one place, and make it easier for buyers to find your sale items. With this update, your coupon offers will automatically be front and center on your storefront—helping turn browsing visitors into happy buyers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thank you @wastingtime101, that is correct.  @my-cottage-books-and-antiques we're exploring ways to include other promotions, such as markdowns, to the sales tab in the future. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

All day I've listened to execs say how wonderful it is to engage with sellers directly and how much they gain from it.   Too bad on the update......we see the "we will refer" to the team........  the team can't take a few minutes to review the actual seller thoughts on stuff........and .....just talk with them. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

All day I've listened to execs say how wonderful it is to engage with sellers directly and how much they gain from it.   Too bad on the update......we see the "we will refer" to the team........  the team can't take a few minutes to review the actual seller thoughts on stuff........and .....just talk with them. 

@dhbookds funny how every exec that said that said it on a pre-recorded segment. 😂

I think it's particularly laughable when VP Seller Experience Xiaodi Zhang says it considering in the year she has been in that role she has yet to make an appearance at any of the quarterly live streamed virtual Seller Check Ins - something her predecessor Harry Temkin consistently did to provide live demos of new seller tools and get real time feedback from a variety of seller perspectives.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay 

I just launched a new store coupon. So far, I see no "sale" tab on my Store Home page. 

How long does it take for the tab to appear, or is there some other step I need to take?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

seller_update@ebay 

I just launched a new store coupon. So far, I see no "sale" tab on my Store Home page. 

How long does it take for the tab to appear, or is there some other step I need to take?

Hello @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! We are rolling this feature out to sellers in waves so be on the lookout for it to show soon on your Store Home page! 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks. Would have been nice if that had been mentioned in the announcement...any time line for this to be fully rolled out?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Glad to see this feature rolling out... Question:  WILL The Coupon Codes still be available to anyone who sees the listing through any other means (search etc) or will they have to be ON THE STOREFRONT Page and Click the "Sales" tab to see it? Meaning... will only people who found their way to the storefront and sales tab, be able to ever see this coupon?

Also I wish we would bring back a chat w rep or phone number. I have read that it's only available to anchor stores now. The last few times I needed help, my only options were "chat with community" or "virtual chat" - which was a loop of non-information. Just a suggestion 🙂 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@thebrowseshoptx  Looks like it doesn't change anything about how coupons function now, other than adding the tab to the store. I created a coded coupon for mens ties in my store, so you can see how it shows up in red letters on the listing itself, and if you click into a listing that has the coupon, there's a link to see all items included in the coupon offer. And, of course, you can send the coupon code to select buyer groups, post it to your social media etc, just as you can do now.

My guess (and only a guess) is that they will eventually add this to the store/display ad tool, so that you can advertise not only a particular category of items in your store, but can also advertise a coupon (and eventually a Markdown Manager sale, etc). seller_update@ebay  Would you care to comment on my guess?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I agree with Wastingtime101 above: 

"Sale tab for stores is something sellers have been asking for. Nice to see that happening. It's disappointing to see the launch will be exclusive to coupons to start, but positive that eBay's planning to add markdowns.

All promos already exist on one page, so in theory it shouldn't be difficult to implement that into the upcoming sale tab."

This is my situation, also.  Please work on the order and shipping discounts, so it's included in the sale tab.  I've been mentioning it for years.  Thanks

Message 15 of 15
latest reply