cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New updates coming soon that make it easy to ship internationally

We’ve heard your feedback and we will soon be launching combined shipping on international orders. By offering this option, buyers’ shipping costs will be determined by the weight and size of their entire order, rather than separately for each individual item.

With this new feature, eBay International Shipping will:

• Offer lower shipping costs for buyers
  • Allow buyers to more easily order multiple items from the same seller 
  • Increase conversion for sellers
  • Eliminate significant seller pain points, including the need for sellers to opt out of eBay international shipping or create new ‘combined’ listings specifically for a buyer

We know that buyers value having the ability to choose—that’s why we plan on giving them the option to select their preferred shipping method at checkout when purchasing internationally.

Currently, sellers can only offer eBay international shipping or their own international shipping option on a listing. Soon, sellers who opt in will be able to offer both eBay international shipping and another international shipping option on the same listing. This will also give buyers the option to pay applicable import charges at checkout or defer them until delivery.

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-72 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: New updates coming soon that make it easy to ship internationally

I know how EIS currently works.

My question referred to combined international shipping through the EIS program considering if a buyer buys multiple items, how will the shipping be figured at checkout if a buyer doesn't know what size and weight the package with the multiple items will come in until after it arrives at the shipping hub as stated. 

@steady2304 Currently, scale weight thresholds for the eBay International Shipping program are set up at max 44 lbs for non-Canada locations and max 66 lbs for Canada ship-to addresses. Additionally, the package can’t exceed 48 inches in length and 84 inches in length and girth ((height x 2) + (width x 2)). These thresholds will be applied to the whole order - total order scale weight shouldn't exceed the threshold. If it does, the order will be split into multiple orders up to the threshold each.

You still have not answered the question. Example

International buyer wants to purchase these 3 items:

Item A weighs 15 oz and ships in a 9 x 6 x 4 box

Item B weighs 13 oz and ships in a 9 x 6 x 4 box

Item C weighs 12 oz and ships in a 9 x 6 x 4 box.

If shipping domestically, items B & C would have 6 oz each subtracted from the weight due to combined shipping rules, so the total would be 15 + 7 + 6 = 28 oz and ship in a slightly larger 9 x 6 x 6 box for the 2lb rate.

How would items B & C be figured using EIS combined shipping. Would the weight be 28 oz like Domestic or would it just add all 3 weights together (15 + 13 + 12) and come up with 40 oz which would be the 3 lb rate.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Is eBay still automatically onboarding US accounts to EIS, or is the process complete? One of my accounts was enrolled, but 3 others have not been and I would like them all signed up. At the advise of Twitter eBay support, I have reached out to ebayinternationalshipping@ebay.com with a request to enroll the accounts but have received no response. . . .

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I've been trying to add international shipping options separate to my listings for some time now. But every time I tried, for example adding 'First Class International Large Envelope' it disappears within a few seconds of selecting that option. It's like eBay international shipping overrides all international shipping options. Will this update fix that problem?

Message 18 of 18
latest reply