cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List faster and easier with new AI-powered features

Our goal is to build an intuitive, effortless listing experience that helps you get your items up and running as quickly as possible. With this in mind, we’re rolling out new AI-powered features to help you create high-quality listings that showcase your items, starting with item descriptions and photos. 

AI-generated item descriptions 

AI-powered item descriptions are now available to all US sellers listing in most categories in the eBay app. This new feature can save you time by suggesting an attention-grabbing item description at the touch of a button. You can use the suggested description as-is, or easily customize it to add more detail, adjust for accuracy, or fit your business’ unique voice. Try it out today to get your listings up and running faster than ever before. We’ll be expanding this feature to desktop in the coming months.

Improved background removal tool  

We’re upgrading our background removal tool, making it easier than ever to showcase your item on a white background and increase your listing’s chances of standing out. 

With just one tap, our improved tool will seamlessly create a white background for your item image, without the need for any manual editing or touching up. The improved background removal tool is already available to all sellers in the eBay app and anywhere you use the advanced listing tool, and will be expanding to desktop in the coming weeks. 

Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members. 

Please allow us 24-72 hours to provide an answer to your question. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This topic header is almost the most infuriating thing that I have seen. As of the first week of June, listing has gotten slower than it ever was. Having been with ebay for over 20 years, I can tell you that when we would create a new listing, or revise a current one, the listing would be immediately live for the public to see in less than one minute. As of the first week of June, if you create a new listing or revise any listing that is over 30 days old (or hasn't been revised in the last 30 days) this does not happen. Instead, it will appear immediately like it always did, stay live for four minutes, and then disappear from public view. It will then reappear EXACTLY 24 hours later. Not only that, if you try to search in your "Active Listings" section of your dashboard to find your listing, you can't. It is there, but you can't search for it. You can scroll through your active listings on your dashboard to find it (we have over 1,000 listing and over 20,000 items) but it acts like it is not even there.

I know, and have been reminded numerous times that the user agreement states that "some listings may take up to 24 hours to list" due to indexing. I am here with 20 years of sales to say that this has never happened....ever....not once....until week one of June 2023. EVERY listing now is held hostage for 24 hours even though it appears instantly, but then disappears after that 4 minutes. This is not something random, this is part of the program and it is harming our business!

All of our listings are Buy it Now and have multiple variations. We are constantly updating them when new stock comes in. However, now when we want to add 10 items to a listing that currently has 70 items in it--boom, it is gone for 24 hours with no chance to sell anything. How can this even be thought of as a good way to conduct business.

If a customer purchases an item from us but after the sale completes notices that it is going to the wrong address then it needs to be addressed. We then need to cancel the order and put the item back in to the listing. OOOOOPS, now the entire listing is dead for 24 hours. Not only is the person that wants to repurchase the item out of luck for 24 hours, we can't sell anything else from the listing either. Yep, that customer is gone to another shop to buy it now and so are all the others that can't even see what we have to sell.

Will someone from ebay management ever be talking about this? I do not want to hear from another "customer service representative" that has been with ebay for 3 years to be told this is the way it has always been. I remind you that when you are making a listing one of the last things that you are asked to do is schedule your listing. In that section it states this:

Schedule your listing

Your listing goes live immediately, unless you select a time and date you want it to start.

This is what I want. I simply want what has been promised by ebay on every single item that is listed by every seller in the marketplace. If you are reading this and are an ebay representative, please take a moment to forward this to someone, anyone, in the high end of the sales department. I have tried to use the "billcobb@ebay.com" address to send my message to, but it is always rejected and comes back to me. I know I am not the only one that is in this boat as we have had a thread running in the community forum for months. Please help us so that we can stay on ebay and not have to leave to actually do business.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Scott Papa

Hyzer Farm

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi @hyzerfarm! Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion on this. We'll be sure to pass this along to the proper team for you. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've been using the AI quite a bit on my listings. Disappointed there is still not a tool available to to a small touch up edit in the photos with an erasing or adding in a small deleted detail. It would be perfect if I could do that.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the response. Just listed over $5,000 of merchandise again that will once again not be available to the public for 24 hours....Nope, still not "easier and faster" than it was back in the antiquated days of 2003 to early 2023 when we didn't have AI. Not sure it is the AI that has changed things, but certainly no one at ebay wants to talk about why the change in procedure has happened.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply