cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: Updates to fee credits and Below Standard fees

Fee credits and an increase are coming. When a seller issues a partial refund to a buyer, we will automatically credit a prorated portion of the Seller’s final value fee. We’ll also credit the $0.30 transaction fee if the Buyer is requesting a cancellation and the Seller accepts. There will be an increase however, for Sellers who are not meeting the minimum standards. Please see here to learn more, and feel free to leave any questions you have below!

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 2.9.

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

@mam98031 wrote:

seller_update@ebay wrote:

@bashort wrote:

So am I reading this correctly, if you give a refund for a shipping discount the seller will get the final value fees back on the refunded amount?

That's correct @bashortStarting May 2022, when you issue a partial refund to a buyer, we’ll automatically credit a prorated portion of your final value fee based on the adjusted total amount of the sale. 

What you don't say nor does the Winter update is does that partial FVF refund include the sales tax and shipping FVFs or is it only for the Product?

Hey @mam98031Shipping and tax will be included with the prorated partial refund credits. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 46 of 56
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

seller_update@ebay Thanks for clarification.

what if buyer falsely claims not as described? Then I receive item back that is undamaged and working. I would refund fully without original shipping. What do we do then to get full credit for such a case? Call customer support to do the case manually or this will be done automatically ?

I have a lot of such cases  when buyers buy tested item to confirm the problem on the vehicle or they think the problem is there but then it is not.

Hey @partfinds! No, you wouldn't get the full credit if you withheld the shipping portion of the refund for a not as described return. That's only for buyer remorse returns. So you will be getting the majority of the fees credited back, but it would be based on the amount you ended up refunding the buyer. If it's a false not as described return, then you would want to report, block, etc. like normal. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 47 of 56
latest reply

velvet@ebay  The update says that the extra fee for being Below Standard is going from 5% to 6% but nothing was said about the Service Metrics fee.

While they aren't the same thing, these two situations where you may be charged extra fees have always been kind of linked in seller's minds and I've seen a lot of confusion between the two over the years, so I just want to make sure - does that mean the extra fee for being rated Very High in Service Metrics is going to stay at 5% when the fee for being Below Standard goes up to 6%?

Message 48 of 56
latest reply

This is false not as described which is remorse case. So seller protection is smoke and mirror— you tell seller they can refund partially to recoup loss of item value and or allow to keep the shippin but then take that amount from seller for your fees? How is that fair and what about that fake seller protection? Is it created to benefit ebay? I am loosing shipping both ways because buyer wants to test car for free  and sometimes  an item and Ebay stubs seller adding more loss by not refunding the fees?

Message 49 of 56
latest reply

@jamesdouglasgallery wrote:

82187C9D-A66B-43B0-95DA-5D14954D3572.jpeg

FCF4C309-2AF1-4565-AB11-7C35B968E7DE.jpeg

 Can you please explain the discrepancy in start dates for the partial refund fee reimbursements?? First says March, then click thru link says May. Does anyone there proofread prior to posting this stuff?

Thanks for calling that out @jamesdouglasgallery! The first screen shot is incorrect as the prorated Final Value Fees don't start until May. I'll make sure the Seller Update team is aware. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 50 of 56
latest reply

I don't think you know what you are talking about- its on there right now!

Message 51 of 56
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

velvet@ebay  The update says that the extra fee for being Below Standard is going from 5% to 6% but nothing was said about the Service Metrics fee.

While they aren't the same thing, these two situations where you may be charged extra fees have always been kind of linked in seller's minds and I've seen a lot of confusion between the two over the years, so I just want to make sure - does that mean the extra fee for being rated Very High in Service Metrics is going to stay at 5% when the fee for being Below Standard goes up to 6%?

That's a great question @valueaddedresource! I would assume we would have included that in the update if the percentage were going up for Service Metric fees too, but I'll reach out to get confirmation on whether it's just the Below Standard fee or not. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 52 of 56
latest reply

@valueaddedresource They've come back and verified that it's only the Below Standard fee that is increasing, not the Seller Metrics fee.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 53 of 56
latest reply

@cosmeticsdiscounted wrote:

I don't think you know what you are talking about- its on there right now!

I appreciate questioning what I've said.  But you can answer the question easily on your own and you will see that what I said was and is correct.  Take a look at your Seller Dashboard and you will see each area in which a Defect can be created which in turn can affect your selling status.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Then read the policy on the Service Metrics which is completely separate from the Seller Dashboard.  Ebay has two different ways to evaluate their sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/service-metrics-policy...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 54 of 56
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource They've come back and verified that it's only the Below Standard fee that is increasing, not the Seller Metrics fee.

Thanks velvet@ebay !

Message 55 of 56
latest reply

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 56 of 56
latest reply