cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos on eBay

Sometimes it’s the story behind a business that makes the sale. By letting your buyers know the history, values, and passion that goes into your business, you can help them understand what makes your business unique and inspire them to buy from you. 

You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page. You can learn more about that here, feel free to review and post any questions you may have below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards today the 28th through Friday the 30th.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Videos on eBay

You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery.

errrrr...........no, they won't appear in the first image in your gallery.....  You ARE talking about the STORE video..............

Does anyone proof read or UNDERSTAND what they are writing????.......... We don't need Tech led imagination.....we need down to earth common sense proof reading..........

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

Buyers don’t give a …. This is just more fluff. What’s being done to avert the dramatic increases in NAD and INR cases? Seems eBay is gunning for those extra fees….

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

seller_update@ebay   Agree with @dhbookds : What are you saying here?

"You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery."

There are TWO types of videos: a Store Video and a Listing page video.

"You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page".....Yes, true, but that video, the Store Video, appears on the About Tab of your Store Homepage, NOT in my listing page (view item page) gallery. 

Unless you are changing things, and now the Store Video IS inexplicably going to have the second slot in my Gallery? If that is the case, what slot will my Listing Page Video have in the Gallery?

So, your post takes is from a  straightforward understanding about video placement: store video appears on Store About tab, to this confused mess of: Where does my store video appear? Why is it showing up in my listing instead of my store? Or is it?

Could we get some clarification here? Please?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

No one can even bother to correct this? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

seller_update@ebay   Agree with @dhbookds : What are you saying here?

"You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery."

There are TWO types of videos: a Store Video and a Listing page video.

"You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page".....Yes, true, but that video, the Store Video, appears on the About Tab of your Store Homepage, NOT in my listing page (view item page) gallery. 

Unless you are changing things, and now the Store Video IS inexplicably going to have the second slot in my Gallery? If that is the case, what slot will my Listing Page Video have in the Gallery?

So, your post takes is from a  straightforward understanding about video placement: store video appears on Store About tab, to this confused mess of: Where does my store video appear? Why is it showing up in my listing instead of my store? Or is it?

Could we get some clarification here? Please?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiquesThere is a store video, and then separately you can also add video to your listing. The store video will not show up in their listings. Hopefully this helps answer your question. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

seller_update@ebay 

why don't you CORRECT your post............

You can now easily upload videos to your Store’s About tab directly from your Store edit page and they’ll appear after the first image in your gallery.

or do you honestly not understand why it incorrect and confusing?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

seller_update@ebay  Well, yes. That is exactly what I told YOU. Your original post was completely WRONG. We come here because "experts" are supposed to be on hand to HELP us, and the "expert" who wrote your original post did nothing but confuse matters in that post. 

You know what would really be nice? Really indicate transparency and seller engagement?

If your response said: "My Cottage, your post is correct, and I apologize for the mistake in the original thread post. A video uploaded with the "edit store" function does NOT appear in the second slot, or any slot in the listing page gallery.  It only appears on the About Tab Page of the Store Home Page. Again, my apologies for creating unnecessary confusion."

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

I uploaded a video to my storefront about 2 months ago.  At the end of the 3-minute video, I said if anyone messages me and tells me they watched the video I would send them a 90% off coupon that could be used an infinite amount of times.  

Not a single person has messaged me.

True story.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

@patmos8

LOL! Great test of the value of video!

I'm a little surprised that you were allowed a 3 minute video, since ebay generally advises no more than a minute in length. I assume you stayed under the 150MB limit, which is the determining factor, not length per se.

I am not surprised that no one contacted you. A three minute video is long, and attention spans are short. More importantly, it is entirely possible that not even one person ever saw your video. I've been asking ebay to provide tracking for stores/videos since they first provided the new store fronts. I've also been asking ebay to do more to promote our storefronts, to direct buyers to them.

I think the real problem is, ebay doesn't necessarily want to drive traffic to our store fronts. For example, if someone is looking at my listing, ebay provides a very small link to my store. ebay also provides much larger links---with graphics---to dozens of competitors (promoted) listings because ebay believes the buyer might buy one of those items. So, send the buyer to my store front, or send them to a listing they might buy?

Clearly, ebay trusts its AI to send them to another listing and make a sale, and does not trust that sending them to my store will likely mean they'll buy something from me there.

So, I think if we want buyers to go our store fronts, it is pretty much up to us to get them there. Well over a year ago ebay had announced that they were working on some sort of store advertising "tool" (yes, I assume we'd end up paying), but so far: nothing.

Depending on what you sell, a good storefront and video can have value, but even the best storefront and video mean nothing if no one sees them.

I was told at ebay Open that ebay's stores team is working on some things like Store Design Sweepstakes etc, to get more people to improve their store fronts, but as I told ebay...that's fine, but what we really need is better ways to drive traffic to stores and traffic data to know whether we are succeeding in driving traffic.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Videos on eBay

Hi everyone~

We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week. If you have additional questions, please start a new thread and tag the community team.

Have a good weekend!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply