cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Seller doscount goes from 20% down to 10% on May 1st. Ouch.....

Top Rated Seller doscount goes from 20% down to 10% on May 1st. Is it true?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Yes.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

That is the way I read the announcement; I cannot understand how that is going to better meet buyer expectations, or grow my business. As a small seller the 20% really helped. 😞
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Looks like eBay greed, trumped their desire to have Top Rated Sellers.  With the 50% reduction in the Top Rated Seller discount, it makes earning it less important.  Sometimes I wonder what the "brain trust" at eBay looks like?

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I really can not understand why they think this is going to help us? How can we stop this?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

20% discount was helpful. With 10% now I don't think it's even worth pushing ourselves far and beyond to have it.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

If you read on to the promoted drop down they are taking 3rd party ads off ebay ( they will still promote your ebay competitor) so they have to make up the money somewhere. It only hurts me because I sell in collectables but it is for the sellers who sell new stuff.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I may be wrong, but top rated sellers who pay for a store and those who don't are getting almost the same deal-from 20% to 10% and overall selling fee for store owners now at 9.15% up from 9% while non store owners pay 10%. Doesnt seem to be much of a benefit for store owners, since on lower priced items 9.15% and 10% are pretty close. More convinced than ever to drop my $59.95 a  month baggage fee-anyone else dropping their store?

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

How about the listing fee? The store gives anywhere from 1500 "free" listings. Without a store subcribtion the lisiting fee starts at 10c per item I think. It's not only Final Value Fee. I am trying to figure our if paying for the store is a good option now.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I giving dropped the store serious thought and definitely not worrying anymore about TRS status especially since the post office screws up so often and we are at their mercy to put correct tracking updates.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Just gets worse each and every time.  Just once I'd like to see us hard working sellers get some kinds of perk.  Instead they keep taking them away and continue to charge us more.  

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

From what I've read, I'm not sure how this is helping sellers.  Why can't they leave things as is for a while?  Seems to me the more they make changes, the more the small seller gets screwed.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

IT'S EASY!

---------------------

a way to stop this is

#1 - go from 30 day returns to FINAL SALE

#2 - go from 24 hour shipping to 3 DAY

if we all do this - ebay will get the message

---

if eBay was going to use that 10% they are keeping from us

and using it for ADVERTISING - to generate more traffic - I would be all for it

BUT - they are simply going to put it in their pocket

and then congradulate themselves on how they ''grew'' the company buy 10%!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

ebAy .... your greed disgusts me ... looks like its time to create my own website for my ebAy store.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I think that there will be a large number of small sellers who will reach the same decision, and drop down to a basic store or no store at all.  eBay should incentivize people to open stores and do a great job, instead they are going in the opposite direction??  Wonder which accountant cam up with this beautiful way to upset Top Rated Sellers with eBay stores?  I love how they twist it "we are doing this for your benefit", do they really think we are THAT stupid?

Message 15 of 24
latest reply