I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

@stonevintage wrote:

I saw that little cut of .85%.  The mobile promos I think are a lot more impacting than what may appear on the surface. Mobile purchases are the majority now and if pay for promo is taking over.... that's going to hurt big time.

What I would like to know is if ebay settled its dispute with Google search and will be passing the promo fees along to Google to get ebay sellers listings on equal footing again.  Or, if there's still no fix and ebay's just verifying it's intent to move away from sales based profits and into up front fee profits. The way companies take when they know they aren't strong enough to support a thriving sales base?  Same as the the B & M's that charge you 250.00 a month for the 10x10 foot booth. They don't have to care if you sell anything or not.

@stonevintage fyi i dont believer the myth about the ebay google search thing everyone talks about. im one page one organic search for a lot of my stuff. ... others might feel different though. but thats my experience

Message 31 of 266
latest reply

If you choose to continue at eBay, I'd hope that you would do the best with what you've got. Don't "punish" your buyers over your anger/frustration, please. That will only lead to more anger and frustration when you start receiving "push back" from the customers you've treated as such. I understand where you're coming from, but, as a buyer only myself at this time, statements like that are (while understandable) a little upsetting. Either do or don't. Please.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 32 of 266
latest reply

How encouraging to sell here.  Thank goodness spring is coming, everyone needs to just start selling locally where you can make a LOT more money anyway.  This will be the final nail for many many sellers.

Message 33 of 266
latest reply

My local swapmeet charges $25 for a spot, I can bring in $500-$1000 in just a few short hours.

I guess I better get the pop up ready and buy my spot for the whole year.

I DON'T NEED EBAY - EBAY NEEDS ME!  -  (i don't sell china junk)

Message 34 of 266
latest reply

For as long as I can remember posters have been saying to not rely on the TRS discount to make up profits. That eBay will take it away as fast as they gave it. Well they're taking 1/2 of it away now. Personally I find it hard to feel sorry for cheerleaders who poo, poo everybody else when their dreams come crashing down. 

You can call me Tony
Message 35 of 266
latest reply

@lizwii wrote:

So they want more tracking (95%) to give us less money (10%)? What a terrible decision.

@blade-runner-2049 i agree with u though. if they wanted to cut the trs down to increase profits they should have made it 95% or even 98% shipping on time and vaildated. and then gave those that remain an increase of the TRS plus discount to a little more than 20%... now by a business standpoint that would have made them a whole lot in fees from those that didnt make it, but it would have rewarded those that did. the offset though would have given ebay way more profit as well as the the others a reason to keep it up. as well as giving those on the edge the reason to push to get there.

Message 36 of 266
latest reply

But isn't there also an additional 4% increase in FVF if you don't meet the standard?

Message 37 of 266
latest reply

Who said I was punishing buyers? My handling time and return policy will be clearly listed in my listings. No one will be forced to buy from me. I am simply not jumping through any more hoops for ebay for a measly 10%. Do you know how much time and stress is involved in dealing with 1 day handling, ridiculous returns from buyers and waiting in line at the post office to make sure packages get scanned every day? I do this myself. And I have a full time job. It is a LOT of work. And it is no longer worth it to me. Seeing that as punishing buyers is very short sighted.

Message 38 of 266
latest reply

I actually thank ebay for making this decision.  I was very much on the fence as to whether I was going to continue selling.  They've made my decision easy.  Once the change takes effect, I'm closing my account.

Message 39 of 266
latest reply

As a TRS on eBay, They can take this and Shove it, No more Hoops for me, I will bend no more. All for the Love of China sellers, who pay little or nothing for shipping. eBay is sinking into the muck of the swamp, throwing the little people, The ones who made eBay, under the bus. No More for me, Every Idea eBay comes up with is just another attempt to save themselves, but the water is already listing their boat. Good Luck with that eBay.

Message 40 of 266
latest reply

An internet Karma warrior.

Cool......

Message 41 of 266
latest reply

Only if you are below standards in your seller profile where it tells you you are top rated above standard , standard or below standard. So if you are a stamp shipper with no tracking you will end up being charged more fees for example.

Message 42 of 266
latest reply

Agreed. Come May 1st I will get rid of "hassle-free returns" and revert to a no-return policy.  Been burned too many times by buyers abusing hassle-free returns so they don't have to pay shipping or a re-stocking fee.  eBay has clearly done nothing to curtail this and their policy of not sharing the results of an investigation with a seller is basically their way of tossing your complaint in the trash without even reading it.

Message 43 of 266
latest reply

@scheaf wrote:

An internet Karma warrior.

Cool......

Lol, life's a beach, have a coctail and enjoy the ebb and flow. 

You can call me Tony
Message 44 of 266
latest reply

@teklifestyle wrote:

Only if you are below standards in your seller profile where it tells you you are top rated above standard , standard or below standard. So if you are a stamp shipper with no tracking you will end up being charged more fees for example.

No you won't.  I only enter tracking when I feel it is necessary - like when a scammer sees there is no tracking in the transaction and files a INR dispute on me - then it gets loaded and they lose).

I am above standard, could be TRaSh if i jumped through hoops, but I won't, just because sellers don't load tracking does not make them below standard.

Seriously, this update does not effect me at all.  I will pay the same fees I do now.

(*Bleep*)
Message 45 of 266
latest reply