cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the new limits on active content in listings include embedded videos?

I currently embed YouTube videos in many of my listings showing colors, the drape and weight of fabrics, tutorials on how to use certain features, etc. and I'm not sure if this is the type of active content that eBay is going to limit starting next month. Will embedded videos be restricted? I use a HTML code to insert them into the item descriptions at the bottom.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@cherry_sp

The limitations on active content will begin a  year from now, not next month.

Indeed, the video methods of today will not be allowed next year, but eBay is working on a scheme to allow you to continue to use videos.  They'll provide more info in the months ahead as they come up with solutions.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/Video-in-ebay-Listings/m-p/25407345

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Anyone have an update on eBay approved video hosts as they role out this horribly organized Active Content change? Between the new restrictions and eBay's very OLD non-update Link's Policy for approved video hosts, it seems that they are abandoning sellers in regards to being able to adequatly embed video content.

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
RAK Distribution (on eBay)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply